dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
samsung-galaxy-nexus-front-large.jpg
Samsung-Galaxy-S-II-front-large.jpg
samsung-galaxy-note-front-large.jpg

Even though most of the specs of the Galaxy S III are supposedly finalized, it appears that the design heads over at Samsung are still doing final design tweaks for the new flagship device. The SGS3 hardware was sent over to the different networks about two months ago. However, the testing prototype was dressed in a “lunch box” style disguise to prevent leaks of the final looks of the device. From what industry intel suggests, that is also because they have only just now decided what the finalized physical and virtual buttons will be on the phone.

The reports indicate that they finally decided that the SGS3 will have an actual physical home button, unlike the Galaxy Nexus. Furthermore, the phone will likely have five columns of virtual buttons like the Galaxy Note. It would seem that Samsung may be obsessing about relatively minor details, but that is actually commendable because it means they want to pay attention to every detail.

Still, how many of you folks just want to get this superphone in your hands as quickly as possible, and don't give a rat's butt about how many virtual buttons are on the home page?

Source: SlashGear

sc0rch3d

Reaction score
i'd prefer the physical home button on my nexus but the icon grid size is easily customized a la apex or nova on any device.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I love my Nexus.. but I want this on Verizon.. My geeky self wants the phone as well.

bigdad63

Reaction score
You see that thing on the bottom of that nexus? It's called a big fat chin. No reason to not have physical buttons, unless you just like putting extra fingerprints on your screen. On screen buttons are a fad that goes against the logic and ease of use that android stands for. That said, I'm ticked that Verizon once again won't have a galaxyS and will probably hamper whatever version they do get. I'm just bidding my time until att gets their coverage and 4g up to snuff.

ChevyNexus

Reaction score
You see that thing on the bottom of that nexus? It's called a big fat chin. No reason to not have physical buttons, unless you just like putting extra fingerprints on your screen. On screen buttons are a fad that goes against the logic and ease of use that android stands for. That said, I'm ticked that Verizon once again won't have a galaxyS and will probably hamper whatever version they do get. I'm just bidding my time until att gets their coverage and 4g up to snuff.

Then you'll be "bidding" your time forever... xD

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Reaction score
Let's hope they don't go the way of non removable battery.....I also really hope this phone comes to Verizon!

Valvoline

Reaction score

Is it decided? VZ wont get it? I've been holding out to see, otherwise i'd get the nexus....

52brandon

Reaction score
the phone on the left looks just like a Galaxy Nexus. If the screen is as big as it's supposed to be, if there's as much space around it as the pics, they're gonna be huge phones

Valvoline

Reaction score
the phone on the left looks just like a Galaxy Nexus. If the screen is as big as it's supposed to be, if there's as much space around it as the pics, they're gonna be huge phones

Lol, the one on the left IS a nexus, the middle a GSII and a Note on the right :biggrin:

Mouthpuncher

Reaction score
I'm still holding out with my OG droid until the Galaxy Note (Journal?) or S3 comes to Verizon. Whichever one comes first I'm going to get it ASAP. I just need one of them to come to Verizon... soon.

King_Bean

Reaction score
I'm still holding out with my OG droid until the Galaxy Note (Journal?) or S3 comes to Verizon. Whichever one comes first I'm going to get it ASAP. I just need one of them to come to Verizon... soon.

WOW! You still have the OG Droid? Man, you have discipline.

jpiarull

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force Droid
Twitter
jpiarull
WOW! You still have the OG Droid? Man, you have discipline.

Same here, with a cracked screen now to boot. No problem though, phone is still functional and I still get a good 30 hours out of my battery (managed to find an extra OEM Moto battery on the ground on campus, random sight lol). Will go with SG III or Rezound likely with extended battery on both (provided SG III has one). Razr Maxx NOT worth $300 to me to upgrade, brother-in-law feels $300 was worth it when he got the Rezound and traded it in for the Nexus.:blink:

King_Bean

Reaction score
Same here, with a cracked screen now to boot. No problem though, phone is still functional and I still get a good 30 hours out of my battery (managed to find an extra OEM Moto battery on the ground on campus, random sight lol). Will go with SG III or Rezound likely with extended battery on both (provided SG III has one). Razr Maxx NOT worth $300 to me to upgrade, brother-in-law feels $300 was worth it when he got the Rezound and traded it in for the Nexus.:blink:

I admire your patience. I gave up on my D1 in early 2011. I got tired of waiting for the "latest/greatest" device to come up, especially with the constant delays.

I ended up getting a free Droid Incredible 2 on Amazon. Best phone decision I've ever made.