Samsung Looking To Overhaul S Voice

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

After Siri came S Voice, and after S Voice we saw Google Now which pretty much made S Voice irrelevant. I have not even tried S Voice since the Galaxy S4. Google Now has been the go to voice search tool for me. Samsung would like to change that according to some new rumors. This major S Voice overhaul would arrive on the Galaxy S7. The new update should improve search and notifications in S Voice. Other than that we don't have many details. If Samsung updates SVoice will it be able to bring you back?

via Phandroid

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
I haven't ever really used any of the S Voice or any of them... I used Utter for a while... Once in a while I use voice to text but that is all.... I guess if they released it and it seemed better I would be for using it.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Google Now for me. S Voice kinda conflicted with GN when I first got the Note 4 and I had to do some tinkering and resetting to get GN to launch instead of S Voice.

GN serves my needs and since I moved away from Samsung with my latest device, I'm glad that I stuck with GN so I don't have to effectively start over.

I also prefer that GN offers up articles I might be interested in and other relevant information when I'm traveling/etc.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Never used S Voice on my old S4. Google Now for me as well.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
They make great devices and S Voice seemed like it would be handy if you didn't care for GN, but I did my best to keep from relying on any of their proprietary stuff.

I switched from S Health to Google Fit months before I got my 6P, because I knew I was switching manufacturers with my next device either way.

I may be labeled as a Google fanboy, but I'd much rather keep my data, stats, etc. with them and know that it'll quickly and easily transfer to whatever device I get next. Before the 6P, I was thinking Moto X, so I would've lost it all there as well.

Same goes for my contacts. I had a Moto phone a while ago that wouldn't remember that I wanted to save contacts to my Google account, so it saved to a Moto account or the phone or something a few times and I ended up losing some contacts.

These manufacturers are good at doing stuff that kinda locks you in to only their devices. I get why from a business standpoint, but as a consumer who likes the choices we have when looking for new devices, I don't want to be severely limited because all of my info is stuck with one OEM.

Batman8

Reaction score
In a word..."No." I hate S-Voice and have only used it when forced (like when using my 2 super crappy-ass Samsung Galaxy Gear watches because that's all that works on them because they too are Samsung made). Google Now is in general head over heels waaaaaaaaaay better than S-Voice!!!!

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I actually enjoyed using S Voice while in Car Mode for almost 2 years on my S3, and for at least the first 6 months of owning my S5. It worked amazingly well to dictate & read back emails & text messages while driving, and for that particular task it worked incredibly well. Over the past year - year and a half I'd say, Google Now exploded onto the scene with some major updates that made every other voice tool seem like childs play. Google Now has been my go-to ever since.

S5 tap'n