Samsung Just Announced Their New Bixby AI Assistant!

Discussion in 'Android News' started by DroidModderX, Mar 20, 2017.

1. DroidModderX

DroidModderX Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,189
    [​IMG]

We have been hearing rumors for the past several months that the upcoming Samsung Galaxy S8 would include a new artificial intelligence assistant at release called Bixby. Samsung has just officially announced bixby, but it looks like it will be available for more than just the Galaxy S8. According to Samsung we will see Bixby on smartphones first, and then it will be gradually added to our appliances. We will be able to eventually use Bixby to control our TVs and even the air conditioner. Bixby will be implemented in the cloud so anything connected to wifi that has circuitry for voice input can be controlled by the ai assistant. This may end up being a total alexa/google home competitor.

Samsung says they are developing Bixby as an answer to the ever growing complication of smartphones and other technology. Instead of users having to learn new technology the technology should learn from and adapt to the human. According to Samsung Bixby will offer a deeper experience that other voice agents or assistants. The main difference will be thanks to it's proficiency in three areas.
    Bixby looks like it is going to be a pretty well rounded user friendly Assistant. I for one am excited about the prospect of being able to control all the things in my home with my voice. Do you think this kind of interaction with our tech is necessary?

via Samsung

2. xeene

xeene Gold Member

Ratings:
    +1,015
    I still don't quite see the point of Google home, Alexa or Bixby. They can't tell me if my mail was delivered, if my daughter is asleep or to turn on TV and run popcorn time on windows 10 htpc. For everything else that they can do, I can do it faster and more efficient through my phone/watch.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hodor

Hodor Active Member

Ratings:
    +49
    It's to spy on you, to develop data they can sell or use to eventually push ads. None of this is to make your life convenient. We were fine for years without it. I like voice commands too, but sincerely how much is it really going to improve your life? Change the channel, set house temp to 68, set oven to 350, blah blah blah. Big deal. I don't like the idea of a bunch of live microphones constantly on and listening in my home, but I can think of some people who probably do!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  4. CTownDroid

CTownDroid Gold Member

Ratings:
    +309
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6P
    [​IMG]

Well why not Samsung? It makes sense since many people do own Samsung devices already, it just seems like the next logical step. Personally, I choose to keep said devices out of our house, however, the car that's a different story.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

5. bruben7886

bruben7886 Gold Member

Ratings:
    +617
    It's all fun and games until Skynet becomes self aware. Then it's a large skin-covered killer cyborg telling you, "I'll be back" :)

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1