Samsung Is Rolling Out The Nougat Update To Unlocked S7 Edges In The US.

Discussion in 'Android News' started by DroidModderX, May 2, 2017.

1. DroidModderX

DroidModderX Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,239
    [​IMG]

Months after Samsung updated all other variants of the Galaxy S7 Edge we are finally seeing the Nougat update roll out to unlocked devices state side. It is kind of unfortunate that Samsung took so long to get the unlocked version updated. This has been a huge pain point for many users of the unlocked version that I know. When you buy an unlocked version of a Galaxy device you are normally waiting a bit for the device to become available, you are generally paying a bit more for the device, and the hope is that without the carriers being involved updates will come faster.

This time around the unlocked version of the S7 Edge in the US was essentially placed on the back burner. The good news is that the update is finally rolling out. The update comes with bug fixes, stability improvements, speed improvements, and all the new features that come with Android 7.0. You can check for this update by heading to your settings, and about phone, and then check for updates.

Attached Files:

2. Smith 001

Smith 001 Platinum Member

Ratings:
    +451
    Current Phone Model:
    Samsung s7 edge
    Er, there is still someone pays attention to the old model S7 edge. :)

3. shockracer

shockracer Active Member

Ratings:
    +184
    I've had more over crashing and overheating from android N than the last version.

4. DjNico

DjNico Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Current Phone Model:
    Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
    Twitter:
    @djnico
    I couldn't wait and decided to update it over Smart Switch. I will say that it is faster but I seem to have some issues with some of the apps i have. Also it's taking a bit longer to wireless charge than before the update.

• Agree Agree x 1
Search tags for this page

samsung updates to unlocked phones