Samsung in bed with Target?

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
So this is one of the strangest in store displays ever. Stopped at a Target a few weeks ago. Picked up a few things, then stopped by the phone aisle. I wanted to hold a G6.
I see the Verizon display. They are only showing off the S8. Huh. That's odd. They even have a sign "we now carry Pixel!" Yet there was no Pixel on display. I turn the corner to the Sprint and ATT aisle...i am not kidding...every phone on display...can you guess? The S8! Now try and tell me Sammy hasn't paid for this to look this way. Even a first year marketing student would know this is horrendous marketing. Look at that ATT display. Those phones? ALL S8's. Ridiculous. This would so totally turn me off of that model if I was in the market.

e31770a590d15190958b255e26b7dfa4.jpg
7f19f00586630d747e23c7ade7cd99e9.jpg

Last edited:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Though I see your point, the reality is that there are two phones that is pretty much a duopoly running the show, Samsung Galaxy and Apple iPhone. Stores know those two phones are more likely to get people to walk towards their area than any other. Stores like Target and Walmart are already operating at a low cost philosophy. And they are aware that they are competing with Best buy. So they are only trying to display and stock the sure sell. I'm sure if you were to grab the inventory sheet you would see the stocking of devices would favor the Galaxy as well.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
Though I see your point, the reality is that there are two phones that is pretty much a duopoly running the show, Samsung Galaxy and Apple iPhone. Stores know those two phones are more likely to get people to walk towards their area than any other. Stores like Target and Walmart are already operating at a low cost philosophy. And they are aware that they are competing with Best buy. So they are only trying to display and stock the sure sell. I'm sure if you were to grab the inventory sheet you would see the stocking of devices would favor the Galaxy as well.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Yeah... what he said! Stores know that it's either Samsung or Apple...

Sent from my Sexy IPhone 7+

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I don't buy that. Moto and LG are still in this race. I can walk into Best Buy and pick up an LG G6. To display 8 PHONES under the ATT banner ... all the same? THERE ISN'T EVEN AN iPHONE.