Samsung & HTC Try to Pull Off the Same April Fool's Joke

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
samsung-fingers-april-fools-joke-2014.png

Although many of us are "on the lookout" for any signs of April Fool's Jokes today, that doesn't stop folks from trying to catch us off guard. Both Samsung and HTC just send out some news releases today, and if they didn't end up being the exact same thing, we might have given at least one of them a second thought. Unfortunately, their PR teams should have coordinate different jokes, because they both offered up the same trick story. I guess they inadvertently pranked each other...

htc-gluuv-april-fools-joke-2014.png

Both Samsung and HTC claim they will be launching a Smart Glove. The HTC version is called the "gluuv" and the Samsung version is called the Samsung Fingers. The press release from Sammy actually does a great job at poking fun of several idiosyncrasies in consumers. We especially laughed at the the part about "talk to the hand." The web-landing page from HTC shows they went all out with colorful graphics and a convincing looking product flier description. If it didn't look like something out of an eighties space opera, it might have almost been believable.

Either way, they are both entertaining and worth a few minutes of your time. Check out the source links below to see the full prank from each.

Source: Samsung and HTC

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
You know, for someone who used to ride a motorcycle, I kind of like the Samsung one. I see actual application for that.

hradek422

Reaction score
You know, for someone who used to ride a motorcycle, I kind of like the Samsung one. I see actual application for that.

For someone who CURRENTLY rides a motorcycle, I would agree with you completely. Would definitely need to make it to where if you go down, the device could withstand sliding on pavement and protect your hands, but yeah, I could see it.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
HTC's version of the Power Glove. Nice.