Samsung Hints at Pens and 3D Gestures Coming to Galaxy Tablets

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
sammylogo1.jpeg

Product marketing manager Ryan Bidan told Laptop late Tuesday night that he expected the S Pen from the Galaxy Note to make its way to tablets. "I think a pen interface continues to make a lot of sense across a number of screen sizes, like the larger is more obvious of those. That’s about as specific as I can be without announcing a product."

He also mentiones that slates and other devices would get 3D gestures using the front camera, face recognition, and voice in certain circumstances. Using pens as a selling point is risky business. Company's that have used this tactic have been met with lackluster consumer interest and we don't expect things to change in regards to that. Perhaps working on Androids user interface will produce better results for the consumer rather than a "new" input method.

3D gestures on the other hands would be a very nice touch to any any new device. The days of solely relying on touch to control your tablet just may become a thing of the past.

Source: Electronista

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I have no problem with pens coming to tablets. They have the space to store it and are useful. My daughter loves to draw on my work iPad and one day android tablet and a pen would be so much better for her.