Samsung Has Lost A Staggering $26Billion In Market Value Since The Note 7 Recall

RyanPm40

Reaction score
I can't see Samsung tanking. They're the only non-Nexus Android phone manufacturer not completely riddled with bugs and issues- their devices are far more reliable than other Androids from my experience (obviously not counting the battery fiasco).

I mean, what else are the bigger flagships pushed by carriers (at least US-based)? LG, with its history of poor quality control? HTC who has seemed to have issues keeping their heads above water? DROIDs?

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
The Droids of late and Moto X have been solid. Problem with Droid isvsuckling the teet of VZW. I feel thats hurt that line. Turbos are solid. I cant wait for the Z Force.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Samsung is number one with over 22% of the market share, and Apple is number two with a market share of almost 13%. It would take a long time and much more problems than the issues of the Note 7 to tank the company. Yes, the stock has tanked, but it will rebound. Also, It's not just a cellphone company (and neither is Apple, but to a lesser extent). In order for it to "tank" as a company in whole, there would need to be systemic failures across many product lines.

List of best-selling mobile phones - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
How much of a hit did Ford take when the Explorers were flipping over due to the Firestone tires?

A lot.

Ford is still around and turning a profit.
More than turning a profit, they're ranked 3 in subcompact cars (Fiesta), 3 in both sports cars and convertibles (Mustang), and 2 in hybrid and electric cars (Fusion Hybrid). Where they shine is in the full size pickups trucks (F-150), with the number 1 position. Second in compact SUVs (Escape), and third in 2-row SUVs (Escape). Now don't get me wrong, they aren't the leader in all automobiles, but with the Firestone debacle (which was really Ford's fault with underinflation), they didn't suffer a compete "tanking".

Likewise, Samsung makes many products, and even across many industries. They are a top display maker, TV maker, memory maker, they make tablets, cameras computers, lenses, and even operating systems. Being diversified makes a company strong.

Samsung will recover, and it may actually help them in the long run as people commend them for taking the high road. I'd much rather align myself with someone who makes a mistake and owns up to it than someone who denies, discredits, deflects, and drives over those who are accusing them of wrongdoing.

Last edited: