Samsung Has Lost A Staggering $26Billion In Market Value Since The Note 7 Recall

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

If there were ever a good time to buy Samsung stock right now may be that time. Samsung has lost a staggering $26Billion in market value since the announcement of the Note 7 recall. The stock value since September 9th has plummeted almost 7%. The current price is right at $1300 per share which is the lowest its been in months. The recall of 2.5million devices may have put investors on edge causing them to fear the future of Samsung. Hopefully Samsung will be able to save face with a quicker than normal announcement of the Galaxy S8.

Is it too late for Samsung. Has the public image of this company been tarnished beyond repair? Will Samsung be forever known as the company that sells exploding phones? I for one believe and hope that Samsung will be able to bounce back from all of this. I think as soon as users get V2.0 Note 7 devices in hand this will all be a distant memory.

via Engadget

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Samsung isn't going away IMHO, but this is a very serious problem and the full extent of the damage is yet to come. There is an ongoing investigation and the results may not be available for weeks or even months to come.

What they do have going for them is how quickly they took the high road and issued the recall. How it plays out and how well it's orchestrated will go a long way to the future of the company and public opinion.

There are going to be lawsuits and they could go on for years so it's going to be a long road. I hope they settle them quickly and don't fight obvious issues. Cut the losses and move on.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

juggjiggler69

Reaction score
They will not be going anywhere they will get things taken care of and possibly come out with a phone next year that will be like no other on the market that everyone will want like perhaps one of those retractable screens that turns into a phone or tablet (hell take my money now)

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
They will not be going anywhere they will get things taken care of and possibly come out with a phone next year that will be like no other on the market that everyone will want like perhaps one of those retractable screens that turns into a phone or tablet (hell take my money now)

Hehe, yeah! There's no disputing they are THE innovator in Android. Others hare made some incredible advancements but Samsung has been most consistent.

juggjiggler69

Reaction score
Its like everybody acts like no other phone manufacturing company has ever had issues with there phones,man i could only imagine if apple had the issue i bet it would not be such a big deal but god for bid if sammy screws up its like the world is ending and i can bet that some of the ones that exploded were from people leaving them plugged in on purpose just to get money from sammy

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
I wish it would tank Samsung, but it won't. Outside of the tech industry, you aren't hearing about this issue at all. I saw one thing on the news a week ago about it, and have heard absolutely nothing on any other social media platforms I use unless it's a place like DroidForums, Android Central, XDA, etc. So near as I can tell, the biggest chunks of the population are blissfully unaware that anything is even going wrong. I'm even willing to bet that the vast majority of Samsung owners have no idea what's going on and when they do get the recall, will probably risk holding onto their device until it gets a brick command from the manufacturer.

It'll be interesting to see how this all pans out.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I wish I could get in on that but $1300 for one share hurts.

Others are starting to hear about the note 7s issues. I overheard a conversation last night when my friend pulled out his galaxy s6, he was asked if that was the exploding note 7.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
There's no disputing they are THE innovator in Android.

If only Samsung used Tizen instead on their phones, then none of this would have happened. They would have sold about 100 Note 7's, so it would have been a non issue. ;)

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yep, no one else is mentioning the phone....

Airlines and the FAA have placed major restrictions on flying with the Samsung Galaxy Note 7

Australian airlines ban use of Samsung's Galaxy Note 7

I was in a Verizon store the other day and that is all I heard being talked about.

I also heard about this on the nightly news either last night or the night before. They did a piece on the exploding phones, and that people are urged to return their phones and get a replacement. They also went over the fact that the FAA just about banned them on all flights. I still think an email, standard mail and phone call to all people who have this phone would be in order at this point.

I don't see this being the downfall of a company like Samsung. They still have the S7, S7 Edge and Note 5 which are all amazing phones. Luckily all of Samsung's eggs are not in one basket. If this were to happen to Apple, I could see a bigger impact and shareholder questioning because almost all of Apple's money is associated with the iPhones, which means when anything goes wrong it will have a higher impact on shareholders. But I don't think even something like this would break Apple either, just that it would have a higher impact.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
You all are Crazy and should give up on Android and Get and iPhone 7!!!!!

Joking!

Personally I think this is why a removable Battery Option is a Better Option in General. It would be so Simple to Pop out the Battery and Replace it. Lets see what the Future Brings!

juggjiggler69

Reaction score
You all are Crazy and should give up on Android and Get and iPhone 7!!!!!

Joking!

Personally I think this is why a removable Battery Option is a Better Option in General. It would be so Simple to Pop out the Battery and Replace it. Lets see what the Future Brings!
You took a lie detector test for the first half of this comment and the test determined that was a lie

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I also heard about this on the nightly news either last night or the night before. They did a piece on the exploding phones, and that people are urged to return their phones and get a replacement. They also went over the fact that the FAA just about banned them on all flights. I still think an email, standard mail and phone call to all people who have this phone would be in order at this point.

I don't see this being the downfall of a company like Samsung. They still have the S7, S7 Edge and Note 5 which are all amazing phones. Luckily all of Samsung's eggs are not in one basket. If this were to happen to Apple, I could see a bigger impact and shareholder questioning because almost all of Apple's money is associated with the iPhones, which means when anything goes wrong it will have a higher impact on shareholders. But I don't think even something like this would break Apple either, just that it would have a higher impact.
I agree with this in respect to the iPhone versus the Note 7, in that Samsung is more diversified in the cellular phone arena. They both however are widely diversified among many other product line though Samsung is arguably far more diversified in more industries than Apple. For that reason I agree this would be a bigger deal if it were Apple, IMHO.