Samsung Has Already Replaced Half Of The Defective Note 7 Devices

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

We found out the other day that Samsung had shipped out 500,000 new Note 7 units. That inventory may already be depleted. Note 7 owners rushed out to carriers to have their defective units replaced. Samsung is claiming that they have already replaced roughly have of all defective devices. Samsung has also mentioned the fact that so far about 90% of the Note 7 users did indeed replace their Note 7 with a new Note 7. The other 10% either switched devices or received a refund. If you have not swapped out your Note 7 yet it may be a few more weeks before the next batch of devices arrives.

via Samsung

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I'd love to see the statistics of how many were actually sold instead of being used as replacements. I'll bet it's significant.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Got my replacement Note today from Costco, seems fine, went to Black from the Coral Blue.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

shockracer

Reaction score
I got my replacement at a VZW store. Still need to do the wife's Note 7.

Is anyone else noticing the new Note 7 battery running down faster than the first?

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Is anyone else noticing the new Note 7 battery running down faster than the first?
Give it a few days. Most batteries don't last as long the first few days as they calibrate with the phone and we set them up to our liking.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10

Mine is going down WAY faster. The original one lasted me two days with it needing charging at the end of the second day. This one needs charging at the end of every day. I don't think I am doing anything differently differently but it makes me wonder if part of the new battery is that 60% charge limit!

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Mine is going down WAY faster. The original one lasted me two days with it needing charging at the end of the second day. This one needs charging at the end of every day. I don't think I am doing anything differently differently but it makes me wonder if part of the new battery is that 60% charge limit!
The 60% charge cap was a rumor.
Mine went through a little quicker the first couple days but since is back to normal.

Have you tried a FDR? Even though it's new something could "hang up" and cause excessive battery use.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
The 60% charge cap was a rumor.
Mine went through a little quicker the first couple days but since is back to normal.

Have you tried a FDR? Even though it's new something could "hang up" and cause excessive battery use.

Wasn't a rumor. Foxat posted the articles.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Wasn't a rumor. Foxat posted the articles.
Did it ever say when that was happening?
I know my old one wasn't limited to a 60% charge even after the update it received. And new ones shouldn't be limited at all.

shockracer

Reaction score
When I had taken the update before trading mine in, the battery was dropping way faster than before the update, faster than my new Note 7.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
The articles posted were for South Korea. Nothing was ever said that the 60% limit would be sent out here. Mine never saw a change in battery usage before and after that update. I'm not saying they won't eventually do it here, but as of now there's no evidence other than anecdotal that anything changed as far as battery limiting in the US.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I actually noticed the opposite since getting the replacement...but it's only been a couple of days.
That said, D also did an FDR when she brought her replacement home that evening, before setting it up. This should be SOP before you set up any new device. It only takes a couple of minutes since there aren't any third party apps installed yet.
.... just a suggestion of course, but it's always worked out great for us.

S5 tap'n