Solved Samsung Gear S3 Frontier (VZW) getting Poor Battery Life for anyone else?

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
Samsung Gear S3 Frontier (VZW) getting Poor Battery Life for anyone else? I just got mine Last week and i can not get it to last a Day. Is this Possible because of the LTE Radio? I have the the Always on Display turned off. Brightness is Low. WiFi is on Auto.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
you can try disabling the radio and see if it helps with the battery, also disable the weather app to see if maybe it is calling home too much. I know you hate to hear this and I hate to say it but after doing an online search, it looks like there are still a lot of battery issues with no clear solution. some possible suggestions

• When you are not using the Gear, switch to sleep mode by covering the screen with your palm.
  • Activate power saving mode.
  • Close unnecessary apps.
  • Deactivate the Bluetooth feature when not in use.
  • Deactivate the Wi-Fi feature when not in use.
  • Decrease the screen brightness.
  • Deactivate the watch always on feature.
  • Deactivate the voice wake-up feature in S Voice.
  • Customize the notification settings in the Samsung Gear app on the connected mobile device.

OP
hammerhead13

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Enough was enough. Tried all sorts of Tweaks and settings and went out for the day and my S3 lasted ~12hrs. Far from the 3 days Samsung claims. Decided to try a Factory Reset. Reset it and Tweaked Settings. Watch has been on for 7hrs and its at 88%. Looks like maybe when it updated to 3.0 something Glitched. So far this is what i was hoping for. Honestly i want at least what i was getting on my LG Urbane. If i can get 36hrs or Better i'll be estatic.

OP
hammerhead13

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Yeah, Resets are never fun but so far it's lasting longer than ever since I bought it. Currently it's @ 77% so it's a massive improvement. Worth the hassle of a FDR.

OP
hammerhead13

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
[UPDATE] After doing the FDR on my S3 Frontier I charged it up. Tweaked Settings and got over 3 days on it. It did go to a special Power Save @ 5% so i stopped my test. Now to tweak settings to see if i can use more and still get decent Life.

Screenshot_20180318-144510.jpg

OP
hammerhead13

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Here is what I got when i Turned the LTE Radio on Always. So that definitely cut a Day off. Looks like it would fall just Short of 2 days with it on. Honestly I good with that. So much Better after the Reset. From 12hrs to 40-37hrs. Next I will try the Display always on.

Screenshot_20180320-134610.jpg

Reaction score
I've been using the watch only mode all I really need is the time

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

OP
hammerhead13

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I've been using WatchMaker on Mine. I have Switched to one of the Builtin ones to see a difference and so far I have 16% left 1 day 14hrs since full Charge. Looks like the LTE does take away about 1 Day having it always on.