Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (7-inch and 10.1-inch versions) Delayed; Now Coming with ICS

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
GALAXY-Tab-2-101.jpg

This story is a bit of good news/bad news. The bad news is that the next generation Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 will be delayed. This applies to both the 7-inch and the 10.1-inch versions. The good news is that the reason for the delay is that Samsung is working over-time to release the devices with Ice Cream Sandwich instead of the originally planned version of Android. Both tabs are now scheduled to launch in the UK sometime at the end of April. There is still no official word of when the tabs will come to the United States, but more than likely it won't be too long after the UK release.

Upgrading the tabs to have ICS straight from the factory seems like a pretty good excuse, Samsung. We'll let it slide for now. :)

Source: Phandroid

Last edited:

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Why would the plan have been Gingerbread in the first place? I would have thought Honeycomb would be the bare minimum for a tablet.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why would the plan have been Gingerbread in the first place? I would have thought Honeycomb would be the bare minimum for a tablet.

Good catch! They actually never specified which version it would be. I edited the story to reflect.