Samsung Galaxy SII May Come to Verizon as Early as Aug 12, and Before Other Carriers

soulpatch

Reaction score
Sucks that the support tweets have since pulled that statement back. Guess we will have to wait and see what it comes out with. If it does have 4G then I am in. If it does not then I still might be as I am growing tired of Moto's waiting game with the Bionic.

I just hope Samsung supports this phone better so I dont have to hassle with constantly flashing it myself...

bplewis24

Reaction score

bplewis24

Reaction score
Reading through the update, it sounds like the Verizon person mistakenly confused LTE on the Tab with LTE on the SGSII.

Brandon

PolyOlefin

Reaction score
It's not a few extra seconds. It's like comparing a 300 baud modem to broadband. Websites load and change instantly.

Also who said battery life would be any different? If it loads faster maybe it won't take as much.

It's most definitely NOT like comparing 300 baud to broadband. 4G is comparable to broadband, but 3G is a great faster than 300 baud. With regards to the relative loading speeds of websites, it comes down to the difference of a person with patience vs. someone without any. It takes perhaps 10-20 seconds for a non-mobile formatted website to load on my Droid. I'm okay with that.

As for the extra battery drain of LTE, this is well documented. Read a review of the Thunderbolt, for example.

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
You know, this is the 2nd or 3rd time Verizon has pulled back their claim on the Function having LTE. I think they may be trying to hide it until we get closer to the launch date, so that people don't wait for it instead of getting the Bionic. I mean come on, the Galaxy TAB 10.1 and Samsung Galaxy S 2 or SII isn't that easy to mix up. You're talking about a 10.1 inch tablet and a 5 inch phone..

rumblee1

Reaction score
Im so bull with Motorola, that if the s2 is a mailable first , and it supports lte, im going for it. The he'll with the bionic.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

sparty569

Reaction score
I asked them how it could have gotten mixed up with they said specifically Sanding Galaxy SII. I think something slippedb that shouldn't have. I am waiting for a response from them.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

loki993

Reaction score
I asked them how it could have gotten mixed up with they said specifically Sanding Galaxy SII. I think something slippedb that shouldn't have. I am waiting for a response from them.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Well also from what Ive seen this isnt the first time its been mentioned and retracted. Im not so soure something slipped, but I think there is at least evidence to make me say Im betting it will have it.

BlacknTan

Reaction score
It's not a few extra seconds. It's like comparing a 300 baud modem to broadband. Websites load and change instantly.

Also who said battery life would be any different? If it loads faster maybe it won't take as much.

It's most definitely NOT like comparing 300 baud to broadband. 4G is comparable to broadband, but 3G is a great faster than 300 baud. With regards to the relative loading speeds of websites, it comes down to the difference of a person with patience vs. someone without any. It takes perhaps 10-20 seconds for a non-mobile formatted website to load on my Droid. I'm okay with that.

As for the extra battery drain of LTE, this is well documented. Read a review of the Thunderbolt, for example.

Yup, and I'm willing to live with a pentile screen if it means I get dual-core 4g. It's all about trade-offs.

As for the battery, a lot of the battery life will come down to implementation. The Samsung Charge got good reviews on battery life. Much better than the Thunderbolt.

This is another spec that we'll just have to wait and see on. For all its faults, one thing the pentile screen has going for it is reduced power consumption. Plus the Bionic will have a bigger battery than the Tbolt. I'm betting battery life will be perfectly fine.

Besides, Moto doesn't have much room to make mistakes. If the Bionic has the same battery and bug issues as the Tbolt when it launches, they are royally screwed.

Reaction score
http://www.bgr.com/2011/07/28/apple-to-launch-iphone-5-in-early-september-ipad-3-later-report-claims/#utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheBoyGeniusReport+%28BGR+|+Boy+Genius+Report%29&utm_content=Twitter

This coupled with sg2 could mark the bionic's demise.. Your average cell phone buyer with no affiliations would have no problem jumping on the *phone train because of its brand name and reputation. and the sg2 just plain old looks better than the bionic... This phone is getting buried in page six of the tech world... god I hate you moto.

All your sales...are belong to someone else.