Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Rooted S5 since day one and haven't missed an unlocked bootloader. As long as I can have root access that's all I care about. With today's devices there's no need to flash roms. (Plus I simply don't have the time to mess with it these days) Give me root with AdFree & TiBU and I'm happy.

S5 tap'n

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Rooted S5 since day one and haven't missed an unlocked bootloader. As long as I can have root access that's all I care about. With today's devices there's no need to flash roms. (Plus I simply don't have the time to mess with it these days) Give me root with AdFree & TiBU and I'm happy.

S5 tap'n

I've been rooted on my Droid Turbo, enjoying AdBlock, tether and a few Xposed tweaks. All I really need. Have not unlocked the bootloader yet and, like you, I don't miss wasting time flashing roms.

The only advantage is end-of-life....you generally get only 1 Android update, eventually, and if you want the latest Android on your 2-3 year-old phone you need the unlocked bootloader to flash a rom. But even that is less important as Android is now so polished and Google is rolling a lot of updates within apps.

Reactions: cr6

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
It'll be interesting if true. Based on current tech and software...highly unlikely.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
It's possible likely with new screen technology, if the CPU is fully idle (which it should be) the DSP is so much more efficient when compared to the GPU or CPU.

I think it's more truth than rumor.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
It's possible likely with new screen technology, if the CPU is fully idle (which it should be) the DSP is so much more efficient when compared to the GPU or CPU.

I think it's more truth than rumor.
I would agree. It would not require much cpu power to play a video at all the entire time. The Display has Proven to be one of the Biggest Enemies of Battery Life. More Efficient Display Coupled with coupled with More Efficient Battery & HW Tech and it coiple be Possible. Guess we will Truly find out End of the Month.

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
A far cry from 17 hours, very good though.

Samsung said the S7 Edge will be able to perform for 13 hours while playing non-stop video content.

ayanav

Banned
Reaction score
Using Google Doze integrated with Android 6 should also enhance the optimization of consumption.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
samsung galaxy s7 edge iphone 7

Last edited: