Samsung Galaxy S7 Rumored to Include Vivid Photos to Compete with Apple's Live Photos App

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Samsung-Galaxy-S7-Edge-blue-concept.jpg

The latest rumor from Sammy-land pegs a new software feature for the Samsung Galaxy S7. According to insider sources, Samsung is working on something called Vivid Photos. This new feature is meant to be a direct competitor to one of Apple's new features, called Live Photos, which was introduced with their latest iPhones.

Apple's Live Photos records 1.5 seconds of video before and after an image is snapped. This allows for an enhanced image, and helps folks capture the action a bit better (amongst other things). It would not be surprising for Samsung to copy this feature.

According to the source of this intel, Samsung would like to make this new Vivid Photos feature available at the time of the launch of the Galaxy S7, but their engineers are still working on it, so it might have to show up in a later update. What do you think? Is this a feature you would like to see in future Samsung devices?

Here's our dedicated section for the upcoming Samsung Galaxy S7 series: Samsung Galaxy S7, S7 Plus, S7 Edge & S7 Edge Plus

Source: SlashGear

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
I think this would be a very neat feature! I played a little with a IPhone 6s at Verizon and the Live Photos thing was pretty impressive.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Has anyone read true details how this works? 1.5 seconds after a shot us easy, but 1.5 before means as soon as you open the camera it is recording video until you snap a photo. At which point when you snap a photo it must calculate and delete all video before the 1.5 seconds before the photo.....

I love the feature but wonder how much resources it uses as opposed to its usefulness. ....

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Reactions: cr6

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I don't find it useful in the least. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Live Photos can be used anywhere other than iPhone to iPhone. Plus it takes up more space, etc etc. It's a gimmick, plain and simple.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I like the idea. Sounds like a cross between two of the camera modes we already have, "animated photo" & "sound and shot".

S5 tap'n