Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge Officially Unveiled: Full Specs, Features & Release Date!

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
samsung-galaxy-s7.JPG

The Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge have been officially revealed at the Samsung Unpacked Event 2016. Samsung wowed the audience with a full Gear VR reveal of their new flagships. Here's a breakdown of the internal hardware and full feature set for both devices:

Samsung Galaxy S7 -
  • 5.1-inch Super AMOLED display with 2K resolution (quad HD) - pixel density of 577 ppi
  • 3,000 mAh battery
  • 2.15GHz quad-core 64 bit Snapdragon 820 processor
  • 4GB of LPDDR4 RAM
  • 32GB of storage
  • Dual-pixel 12-megapixel rear camera - f/1.7 aperture and a 1.4µm pixel size - improved night-time images and speed - captures 95% more light that previous gen Galaxy cameras
  • 5-megapixel front camera
  • Includes microSDXC support - supports up to 200GB
  • IP68 dust and water resistance
  • Android 6.0 Marshmallow
  • Black Onyx and Gold Platinum Color options
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge -
  • 5.5-inch inches Super AMOLED display with 2K resolution (quad HD) - pixel density of 534 ppi - curved edges on both sides - one side includes Samsung’s “Edge UX"
  • 3,600 mAh battery
  • Black Onyx, Silver Titanium and Gold Platinum Color options
  • The rest of the specs are the same as the Galaxy S7
As you can see, the rumored water-resistance is there and is up to an IP68 certification. The gorgeous aesthetics are back too. It's hard not to be enamored at the smooth edges and curves of this beautiful device.

In most markets, Samsung is using the Snapdragon 820 CPU setup from Qualcomm, but in select markets they are using their own Exynos 8890 processor in select markets.

We have some availability info to go along with the launch. You will be able to find either device for preorder starting at 8:00 a.m. EST on February 23rd. The Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge will be available from all major U.S. carriers. It will also be sold at major retailers at that time including Best Buy, Car Toys, Sam’s Club, Staples, Target and Walmart.

The specific pricing wasn't shared, but we expect it to be similar to the pricing of the Galaxy S6 series and we will update as soon as we know more.

Best Buy will actually have the phones to check out as early as February 24th, and the various carrier retail locations will have them February 26th. They won't be available for sale until March 11th, and pre-orders will ship out at that time too. Finally, if you pre-order or purchase a a Galaxy S7 or S7 edge between February 23rd and March 18th you will get a free Gear VR virtual reality headset!

Here's our dedicated Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge discussion forum: Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge

Last edited:

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
The specs look pretty good. I am really still skeptical of being able to watch a full season of Game of Thrones on a single charge. I am wondering what else needs to be shut off in order for that happen... But I am excited to see it in action. Not sure how I feel on the other stuff.... I think a lot of this VR stuff is a push into a market I really don't have an interest in. I am worried that since they didn't touch on the S7 much and features that they aren't doing anything groundbreaking with the software. Really seems like they are pushing all development to the S7 Edge. I just hope they aren't gearing up to do something foolish and make the Note an Edge device....

I think they only truly good things I saw were the low light photos being made better and the Sd Card

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Specs are great, but nothing new that really excites me.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I think they did great by improving on a solid product already ..they added sd card and bigger battery ....some nice accessories to pair with it like extended battery case ...they are listening to Samsung peeps IMO ...

6s Plus

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I agree, bringing back the external sd card is a win!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I'm very disappointed that they took away the white color, and the silver titanium is only on the Edge. I don't want a black phone, and the gold from the S6 was hideous (imo)

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I'm very disappointed that they took away the white color, and the silver titanium is only on the Edge. I don't want a black phone, and the gold from the S6 was hideous (imo)

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
+1 @jackiescivic. Why does Sammy always step on their own toes? I'll bet they add colors when the complaints come rolling in.

Amagine

Reaction score
How many people leave their phone naked now days anyway?o_O

Reactions: cr6