Samsung Galaxy S6 Will Have High End Specs According to Latest Leak

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Phone size is a personal issue. My phone is 5.2 and my wife's is 5.5
My wife has very small hands and had no issue adapting after a couple of days of use.
As for Sammy's styling, I think the S5 is their best phone to date. I'm looking forward to the S6.
With the styling strides they've made with the Alpha and Note 4 (which I think are the best looking and feeling devices they've released to date), I'm very interested to see what the S6 looks like as well.

Last edited:

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So what happens when Samsung launches their foldable devices next year? People say Samsung releases too many phones every year with features no one wants. Then another OEM launches a phone with some of the said features and it is an instant hit.
Machismo shall FINALLY return? No more angry tapping of a touch screen that just doesn't have the same testosterone releasing, stress busting feel of slamming shut a device, ala Jethro Gibbs style.
LG moved their power button. True innovation on their part. Most folks who give it more than a menial trial like the placement as being more natural feeling after a retrain if what they've become used to. Sort of like just after the hiccups go away. Moto introduced the ability to wake and sleep a phone via tapping the screen. True innovation on their part, be it a small one, that made ripples in the world of smartphones.
Just 3 examples of how true innovation is still possible while keeping up with the specs and screen wars.
Something I'd really like to see, though a minor innovation, is the ability to have the clock and/or notifications show up on a sleeping screen via a shake/flip or some other user settable way including the light sensor seeing the device going from a totally dark pocket into the light or screen flipped down and flipped (total dark on the sensor) up (light shows on sensor) while not being a battery hog. Shake the phone, or whatever, the clock shows up a few seconds along with any notifications that might've happened while the phone is set to silent mode and out of view. It ain't a big thing but it'd be a major convenience for many.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Smart screen was a simple but great innovation, I'm not sure Samsung pioneered that or not but I remember it being the first device I noticed it on. Stuff like that is what we need. Active display is great. I enjoy the button layout of the G2. Gestures and making the phone smarter is what we need. I haven't handled a Samsung device long enough to really know what standout innovation they've had, but I do like the Note series and what it brings. So Samsung does have some great innovation there.

on the move..

Reactions: cr6

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Smart screen was a simple but great innovation, I'm not sure Samsung pioneered that or not but I remember it being the first device I noticed it on. Stuff like that is what we need. Active display is great. I enjoy the button layout of the G2. Gestures and making the phone smarter is what we need. I haven't handled a Samsung device long enough to really know what standout innovation they've had, but I do like the Note series and what it brings. So Samsung does have some great innovation there.

on the move..
The s pen brought last century technology (pdas) into the current one in a stellar fashion. It wasn't new but it was a refreshing rehash of the old.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It was an obvious but necessary transition IMO.

on the move..

Reactions: cr6

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It was an obvious but necessary transition IMO.

on the move..
I was too busy working a gazillion hours a week and raising small children when pdas were in vogue so it's me reliving my younger days but for the first time. With the S View cover onboard I feel like a real "late 90s nerd meets 80s capitalism" now.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Enjoying part of that livelihood now, soon to be the complete package.

on the move..

wardo

Reaction score
Wow 5.5 inch screen is a deal breaker.
Samsung failed to maintain the N4 overall dimensions so this gives me little ground to think the s6 will be any different