Samsung Galaxy S6 Will Have High End Specs According to Latest Leak

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
galaxy-s6-antutu-benchmark-specs-1.jpg

The Samsung Galaxy S6 just had another massive leak. This one includes a more detailed spec-list for the next Sammy flagship. Here's the breakdown of what was revealed in the leak for model SM-G925F:
  • 5.5-inch display with 2560 x 1440 (QHD) resolution
  • 64-bit octa-core Exynos processor
  • ARM Mali-T760 GPU
  • 3GB of RAM
  • 32GB of storage
  • 20-megapixel rear camera
  • 5-megapixel front-facing camera
  • Android 5.0 Lollipop
There are rumors that Sammy was having some performance problems with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 810, so if they can't get those worked out, it's possible we might see a global launch of Samsung's Exynos processor.

We can't confirm this last part right now and suspect it's bogus. Furthermore, we already know that Samsung cannot make enough Exynos chips for a global launch, which is one of the reasons they use two different chipsets for different markets.

Above is an image of the benchmark which supposedly displays this leaked Galaxy S6 intel.

Source: CNMO

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
5.5" screen? Really? Closing the size gap between the S line and the Note line doesn't seem like a good idea to me. Of course, my girlfriend has been complaining that she wants a small phone with decent specs for months now, so maybe I'm biased, but now you're talking about a .2" difference between the screens (unless they bump the next Note up again).

Idk about that one Sammy. The rest looks acceptable. Nothing really game changing imo.

Definitely agreed that I can't believe they'd rely solely on the Exynos for a global launch.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Also, gotta love Google Translate on the source link in the OP.

"Today Galaxy S6 configuration information was leaked in database security Bunny aircraft model SM-G925F"

It's about time they went with the security Bunny aircraft model!

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
5.5" screen? Really? Closing the size gap between the S line and the Note line doesn't seem like a good idea to me. Of course, my girlfriend has been complaining that she wants a small phone with decent specs for months now, so maybe I'm biased, but now you're talking about a .2" difference between the screens (unless they bump the next Note up again).

Idk about that one Sammy. The rest looks acceptable. Nothing really game changing imo.

Definitely agreed that I can't believe they'd rely solely on the Exynos for a global launch.

I agree that I don't think it's a good idea to keep making the screen size of the S line bigger. I wouldn't be surprised if the Note 5 goes to 6", but I think the S6 should stay right where it is on the S5 at 5.1" (I actually think keeping the S line at 5" would have been the best choice). Samsung needs a clear distinction between the two beyond the S-Pen, and the screen size is the best area to do that.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I imagine they can easily make the S6 5.5 inches without making it too much bigger than the S5. There's quite a bit of unused real estate on the S5 if they reduced the bezel and maximized current screen size.
Count me in!

S5 tap'n

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I imagine they can easily make the S6 5.5 inches without making it too much bigger than the S5. There's quite a bit of unused real estate on the S5 if they reduced the bezel and maximized current screen size.
Count me in!

S5 tap'n
If they do away with the iPhone-like physical home button they could get that screen increase AND a smaller physical dimension. Soft Keys only on the LG G series take about a minute to acclimate to, if that long.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
If they do away with the iPhone-like physical home button they could get that screen increase AND a smaller physical dimension. Soft Keys only on the LG G series take about a minute to acclimate to, if that long.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4
The only thing that would take me a while to get used to would be not having the physical home button to turn the screen on, but I had nothing but touch buttons on the gNex before the s4.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The only thing that would take me a while to get used to would be not having the physical home button to turn the screen on, but I had nothing but touch buttons on the gNex before the s4.
It took me longer to use a button on the back of my G2 than it did to get used to not having a button on the front bottom and to be honest I still miss the power button being on the back. No accidental presses on the back and it just fits the way my hand naturally wants to act anyway. But that's just me. At any rate as long as Apple puts a physical button on the front bottom so will Samsung, no matter who else does what.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
5.5" screen? Really? Closing the size gap between the S line and the Note line doesn't seem like a good idea to me.
The iPhone 6+ is 5.5 therefore Sammy needs to match it to stay competitive.

Caesars

Reaction score
Looks like an upgraded g3, I'll probably wait for thy g4.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
See that's the thing.
No they don't need to continue to copy Apple. Samsung won that battle, won the frivolous lawsuits battle and won the next big thing war with the Note series.
Their incessant need to copy all things Apple holds them back from releasing truly innovative devices on a grand scale. Yes the curved glass, the Note Edge, etc are available but imagine if they put their collective efforts into that type of innovation instead of seeing how close they can get to an iDevice without being sued the Note Edge would be so last year instead of brand new and in limited supply. Why can't these far eastern nations get over their need to reverse engineer everything and use their superior intellect like they used to?

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
The 6+ was designed to compete with the Note series and other large screen Android phones. The 6 is the competition for the S series. Samsung doesn't need to increase the screen size of the S series to compete. In fact, if they want to really compete with Apple, they'll keep the screen size on the S series right where it is.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The 6+ was designed to compete with the Note series and other large screen Android phones. The 6 is the competition for the S series. Samsung doesn't need to increase the screen size of the S series to compete. In fact, if they want to really compete with Apple, they'll keep the screen size on the S series right where it is.
IPhone against a Note? Surely you jest. Comparable screen size on a rectangular device with rounded corners is where the competition stops. Samsung won that one too. Why can't they see the trees make up a forest and go another direction with the S series instead of settling for another clone? Nobody makes a high spec phone with a 4+" screen anymore but there's still a market that they could corner.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
IPhone against a Note? Surely you jest. Comparable screen size on a rectangular device with rounded corners is where the competition stops. Samsung won that one too. Why can't they see the trees make up a forest and go another direction with the S series instead of settling for another clone? Nobody makes a high spec phone with a 4+" screen anymore but there's still a market that they could corner.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4
I never said the 6+ was a worthy competitor to the Note series. Simply that it's Apple's attempt at competing in the large screen phone market, specifically with the Note series.

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
Wow, 64-bit is really kicking into high gear and Sammy still pushing the limit. Of course, did we ever doubt Sammy would not have high-end specs for their flagship? I'm still curious about the price point and if they'll raise it with all these new specs.