Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge Show Off Side-by-Side in The Wild

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Samsung_Galaxy_S6_Edge_side-by-side_1.jpg

The clearest shots yet of the final design for the Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge have been leaked. What makes these even better than previous leaks and renderings is that these look like final devices in the wild, and they are compared side-by-side.

Samsung_Galaxy_S6_Edge_side-by-side_2.jpg

They aren't exactly ultra-sharp, but they aren't Mr Blurrycam shots either. From the back, both phones look virtually identical. From the front, you can clearly make out the curved edges of the S6 Edge version. For the most part, both devices seem like a mashup of old Samsung Galaxy devices and the previous generation iPhones.

The home button is even more prominent now than before, and from staring at these phones, it appears that Samsung "going back to the drawing board" was far more literal than we would have thought. It looks like they simply recycled some older designs. What do you guys think?

Here's our dedicated Galaxy S6 section for more discussions: Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge General Discussions Android Forum at DroidForums.net

Source: Phandroid

Nicole Leach

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 4
just for me s6 edge looks better than s6. new model and new design better than the old style.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
The Edge looks very nice. I wonder if the vanilla S6 has the curved screen edges that make having a glass screen protector a nightmare?

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Look what I got to play with today. Really impressed with how it feels in the hand. And it's so lightweight! Even with a ton of apps in the background, there was still 1gb ram available and absolutely no lag. Fingerprint scanner was amazingly accurate and the camera launched so quick.
uploadfromtaptalk1426391445612.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1426391457066.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1426391457066.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 637

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
That's great news about the scanner. TouchID is the only thing that I prefer on my i6 vs Note Edge.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
That's great news about the scanner. TouchID is the only thing that I prefer on my i6 vs Note Edge.

Yep, me too. The home button is not as wide so that it can be more accurate. And it can scan at any angle. Reads very quickly also, just like the i6. I was very hesitant about this phone, but after messing with it for a couple minutes, I was really impressed. I'm looking forward to him coming in again next week so I can mess around again lol.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk