Samsung Galaxy S6 Rumors Suggest Side-Sloping YOUM Display & Unibody Aluminum Chassis

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Galaxy-S6-might-come-in-Q2-with-aluminum-chassis-and-side-sloping-display.jpg

There's a new rumor in Android-land. This one comes from the Samsung camp. Supposedly Sammy's next flagship, the Galaxy S6 will not only come with a slide-sloping YOUM designed display similar to the Galaxy Edge, it will also include a unibody aluminum chassis.

Further details revealed in the leak suggest that the "curves" of the display will show up on both sides. Additionally, they will supposedly be less pronounced than the curves seen on the Edge. The reason for this is to avoid the dual-edged panel causing a negative effect on the grip ergonomics of the device.

The final intel that came along with this report indicates that the Galaxy S6 will not come in two versions like the Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy Note Edge. Instead the S6 will simply include the slightly curved display as its primary design. Additionally, this rumor corroborated earlier reports suggesting that Samsung will do the usual, North American version with a Snapdragon (810 in this instance) and International version with an Exynos (7 Octa in this instance).

The above image is just an artist's fan render, but it could be a close approximation of the final look, if these rumors prove true.

Source: PhoneArena

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Loving the curve on my Edge.

A less pronounced curve would eat up more screen real estate though and having two would make this phone have to be pretty wide.

No thanks on the unibody. Even with fast charging tech becoming a crutch for hand helds I would still rather have the removable battery option.

combatmedic870

Reaction score
I'm probably one of the few that still doesn't see the need or the point for curved displays on a phone.
This is them just perfecting the tech. Doing it just to do it as well. Nothing like a 10-20 million person beta test.
There are alot of things that have there curved screens (tv's). But nothing on such a mass scale and affordable.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I think Sammy had to do something to regain market share. The curve looks/sounds good to me.

@Ollie how do we know it won't have a removable battery?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I think Sammy had to do something to regain market share. The curve looks/sounds good to me.

Agreed... Just because it's unibody construction doesn't mean the back panel won't be removable and allow access to the battery. At least for those who favor removable batteries there is a strong expectation that Samsung won't stray from the things that keep their fanbase happy. They shouldn't want to rock the boat too much at this stage of the game.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus

Agreed... Just because it's unibody construction doesn't mean the back panel won't be removable and allow access to the battery. At least for those who favor removable batteries there is a strong expectation that Samsung won't stray from the things that keep their fanbase happy. They shouldn't want to rock the boat too much at this stage of the game.

They leaked the unibody frame online and if that is the chasis then there will be no removable battery. It is a solid frame.

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
Nooo!!!....I hope it's not so!!

sent from my sexy Note 4

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Interesting. Glad to have the note 4. I won't need to upgrade when this one comes out, so if I go back down a little in size it'll be on the device that this one should've been. Haha!

No bueno on the non removable battery though...

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
From the artist rendition it looks like they took the inability of aluminum to flex with the real world application of phones being carried in back pockets to me. That in itself is innovative and overdue.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
From the artist rendition it looks like they took the inability of aluminum to flex with the real world application of phones being carried in back pockets to me. That in itself is innovative and overdue.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4
Do people really do that? I mean, I've seen girls do it because their pockets are tiny, but guys? I've never put my phone in my back pocket & can't recall seeing any other guys I know do it.

Of course, I don't hang out with the skinny jeans crowd...

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Do people really do that? I mean, I've seen girls do it because their pockets are tiny, but guys? I've never put my phone in my back pocket & can't recall seeing any other guys I know do it.

Of course, I don't hang out with the skinny jeans crowd...
I work retail. I've seen quite a bit of stuff like that, both male and female.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4