Samsung Galaxy S6 Outer Case Images Leak [Rumor]

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
galaxy-s6-design-leak-nowhereelse-2-small.jpg

Take this one with a grain of salt, but some images have leaked on the web which purport to be of the outer case/shell of the Samsung Galaxy S6. They are highly dubious because they look very much like the iPhone 6, and are more than likely some Chinese knock of that device.

Still, there is precedent set by Samsung for this type of copying, so we wouldn't put it past them. What do you think of these images? (You can see all of them in the thread below.)

Don't forget to check out our dedicated Samsung Galaxy S6 section in the forums for more conversations: Samsung Galaxy S6 General Discussions Android Forum at DroidForums.net

Source: Samsung Galaxy S6 Voici son boitier m tallique

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here are three of those supposed Samsung Galaxy S6 images (there are a few more at the source link above):

galaxy-s6-design-leak-nowhereelse-1.jpg

galaxy-s6-design-leak-nowhereelse-2.jpg

galaxy-s6-design-leak-nowhereelse-3.jpg

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Is that one of those "squat pots?" You know, a toilet where you squat to go in a more natural to our evolution manner? Not gonna lie, I wanna try one. Not enough room in either of my bathrooms at home to get a stand that goes on either side of an existing toilet.

;)

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
More than likely these pics were taken in Indonesia, Malaysia, Chia, etc... where those style toilets are the norm.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
More than likely these pics were taken in Indonesia, Malaysia, Chia, etc... where those style toilets are the norm.
If DF wants to put boots on the ground to get to the bottom of this, I'm more than willing to make the trip on the forum's dime. ;)

bigdad63

Reaction score
It appears that a front facing speaker module was again beyond the capabilities of the dumba## Samsung engineers. It's looking more and more like my note 3 will be my last samsung.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
It appears that a front facing speaker module was again beyond the capabilities of the dumba## Samsung engineers. It's looking more and more like my note 3 will be my last samsung.

How many phones have front facing speakers? I was a bit dismayed at first when I saw the change of the speaker system from the bottom on my Note 3 to the back on the Note Edge. The Note Edge sounds far superior. It surprised me.

That, coupled with my surround sound tweak that enables the top front speaker to output sound has me happy.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Nothing like swiping the prototype and sneaking off to the bathroom to take some pictures.

One thing's for sure... The moment that the company discovers these images they will be going back to the cameras which are likely pointed all over the place in there, and they'll be looking for a gray sweat shirt/jacket with green zipper and gray sweat pants, with two-tone gray and white laced sneakers... Oh, and those FINGER NAILS!! :eek: UGH!! If they're a GUY's they're WAY too long, and if they're a girl's...well, she could certainly use a day at the spa as well.

This person is certainly going to get "canned" for taking those pictures in the can...! :D

Last edited:

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Is that one of those "squat pots?" You know, a toilet where you squat to go in a more natural to our evolution manner? Not gonna lie, I wanna try one. Not enough room in either of my bathrooms at home to get a stand that goes on either side of an existing toilet.

;)

I've used them many times over the years. Trust me, you're not missing out on anything.

bigdad63

Reaction score
How many phones have front facing speakers? I was a bit dismayed at first when I saw the change of the speaker system from the bottom on my Note 3 to the back on the Note Edge. The Note Edge sounds far superior. It surprised me.

That, coupled with my surround sound tweak that enables the top front speaker to output sound has me happy.

There's no way around the fact that you're wasting energy if the speaker isn't facing the listener (turn any speaker away and it will require more power to reach the same output). Then there is having to hold the speaker in a different way while gaming or watching videos to avoid blocking it.
And to answer your original question, htc has had several front facing speakers, motorola has several right now and Sony has several and they all blow the pathetic Samsung speakers out of the water. Especially with road and wind noise, my Note 3 is just about worthless for speakerphone calls and navigation. Sammy can do all of the lazy a** piss poor engineering they want, but I'm not buying another one of their phones.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
There's no way around the fact that you're wasting energy if the speaker isn't facing the listener (turn any speaker away and it will require more power to reach the same output). Then there is having to hold the speaker in a different way while gaming or watching videos to avoid blocking it.
And to answer your original question, htc has had several front facing speakers, motorola has several right now and Sony has several and they all blow the pathetic Samsung speakers out of the water. Especially with road and wind noise, my Note 3 is just about worthless for speakerphone calls and navigation. Sammy can do all of the lazy a** piss poor engineering they want, but I'm not buying another one of their phones.

I loved the front facing speakers on my previous Note 10.1 and when they moved them to the sides on my 12.2 I thought it would be the worst. It wasn't.

I'm not willing to move to a Motorola phone just for front facing speakers. Moto offers nothing that would make me want to switch. Sony almost had me with the Z3, but the screen was too small. HTC would have been my phone of choice when the M8 came out, but they skimmped on the camera which is far more important to me than boom sound. The M9 is looking great though (if the rumors are true).

I never have to hold my Edge differently regardless of whether I am watching a video, playing a game, etc with the speaker on the back.

Where I would love to have front facing speakers it's just not a game changer for me. I would prefer them to use the space that occupies the left bezel of the display and replace it with a soundbar that runs the entire length of the phone.