Samsung Galaxy S6 Initial Pre-Orders Double Last Year's Galaxy S5 Initial Pre-Orders [Rumor]

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
galaxy-s6-and-s6-edge-flat.jpg

Although no official numbers have been released, the rumint floating through supply chain sources in Asia suggests that the initial pre-order numbers for the Samsung Galaxy S6 (and S6 Edge combined) may be double the initial pre-order numbers of the Galaxy S5 from last year.

On top of this rumor, industry intel indicates that Samsung themselves are trying to triple the production of the Galaxy S6 Edge to accommodate the increased pre-sales numbers for that device. Ultimately, if these estimates are even close to accurate, Samsung will likely have its most successful year ever, at least in the mobile markets.

Source: GforGames

Here's our Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge dedicated section: Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge General Discussions Android Forum at DroidForums.net

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
The biggest disappointment for me is that the colors offered in the U.S. are not the cool looking ones.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah... that's hugely disappointing. Perhaps the other colors will hit North America later on in the year...

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Yeah... that's hugely disappointing. Perhaps the other colors will hit North America later on in the year...

I wonder if Verizon will get red?

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't think there is a red one, but I suppose they could change that if they threw some money at Sammy. :)

whippleman

Reaction score
I just pre ordered my edge at the bigger tmobile store in the area. They said that all colors are back ordered for their physical store, so they won't have any come April 10th. They also said for online ship to home orders that white and gold are both backordered for all of tmobile. I wonder if the edge is this hot or if they just weren't prepared.

ayanav

Banned
Reaction score
Samsung planned to deliver 33 million of Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge worldwide in April. With the new elements of the day, this number could be largely revised upwards.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
etui galaxy note 5 acheter galaxy note 4

Last edited:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I just pre ordered my edge at the bigger tmobile store in the area. They said that all colors are back ordered for their physical store, so they won't have any come April 10th. They also said for online ship to home orders that white and gold are both backordered for all of tmobile. I wonder if the edge is this hot or if they just weren't prepared.
This also makes me wonder if they sorted out the issue they reported a while back.. Saying there may be an initial shortage of the edge devices..

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
This also makes me wonder if they sorted out the issue they reported a while back.. Saying there may be an initial shortage of the edge devices..

They said the same thing about the Note Edge, but my preorder arrived when they anticipated it to. They said they were only going to make 1 million initially, but I think that changed.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model

They said the same thing about the Note Edge, but my preorder arrived when they anticipated it to. They said they were only going to make 1 million initially, but I think that changed.