Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge: Seven Great Features That the iPhone Doesn't Have

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
sgs6-edge-features-screen.jpg

While the Apple iPhone has an incredible following from its fans, that doesn't mean it can do everything. In fact, one could probably list a dozen features of Android that are lacking on iOS. Also, sometimes an Android OEM packs enough extra stuff in their device to really show up what Apple offers in the iPhone line.

The new Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge is a perfect example of that. In fact, here at HQ we quickly rattled off seven features which can be found on the Galaxy S6 Edge that the iPhone 6 simply cannot do. We are sure there are more, but we want you guys to chime in with your perspective. Also, feel free to share cool features on other Android devices that simply outclass the iPhone 6.

Here are those outstanding Samsung Galaxy S6 features:
  • Wireless Charging
  • Fast Charging
  • Multi-tasking Apps
  • Use your phone as a TV Remote
  • Make mobile payments anywhere that takes Credit Cards (after they launch Samsung Pay)
  • Tracking auto-focus on the Camera
  • See who’s calling without picking up your phone
To be clear, this thread isn't meant to strictly bash on the iPhone. It's a solid product and is obviously very popular. Still, it can sometimes be important to point out differences, otherwise all smartphones would basically be the same...

For more discussion, check out our dedicated Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge thread @: Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge General Discussions Android Forum at DroidForums.net

Paul_Aris

Reaction score
Not sure about the edge but every andriod device I have have had has a multi colored blinking light to tell you if you have a message, batttery is charged or charging, notification, etc. With out the need to turn on the screen and check.

See picture of who texted you by each text they send not just up at the top of thread.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Moto and Nexus devices have both scrapped the LED. :(

Meh @ TV Remote. I know quite a gew people with S5's and not one uses it as a remote.

Paul_Aris

Reaction score
Too bad about the LED. You know some things the iphone dont have still makes sense to stick with on andriod devices.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Meh @ TV Remote. I know quite a gew people with S5's and not one uses it as a remote.
It's actually a really cool feature. While I admit I don't use it regularly, I do have both tv's in our house programmed.... which btw is easier to do then any universal remote I've ever had or used over the years. You can literally control ANY tv within 2 seconds.

Back to mine, I used it for a couple weeks when the remote batteries died for our spare tv....it was nice having that option so readily available. Sure, you're not going to use it on a regular basis, but simply having the ability to control any tv anywhere is pretty damn cool imo.

S5 tap'n

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's actually a really cool feature. While I admit I don't use it regularly, I do have both tv's in our house programmed.... which btw is easier to do then any universal remote I've ever had or used over the years. You can literally control ANY tv within 2 seconds.

Back to mine, I used it for a couple weeks when the remote batteries died for our spare tv....it was nice having that option so readily available. Sure, you're not going to use it on a regular basis, but simply having the ability to control any tv anywhere is pretty damn cool imo.

S5 tap'n
They're great when you can't find the remote and either can't remember how to activate the find my remote feature or don't feel like getting up to start the feature up.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2

S5 tap'n
I used that feature when I had the g3..if i was waiting at the doctors office for my mom and they had that talk show crap on... I'd turn off the TV lol.. I kind of miss that ability at times..

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Would be handy for my bedroom TV. Always losing that remote. Lol

TapaTurbo

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I'm not up on the iPhone but I don't think they can do what Moto Assist or Active Display does. I use them all the time. Those are my two favorite features. I don't think I could do without those anymore.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Not specifically Sammy, but this makes me think of just yesterday, friend of mine on Facebook "Fell on my front steps today, didn't know it was supposed to snow...."
How do you not know? I thought you had a smartphone?
Oh...you have an iPhone that doesn't do weather widgets...

TapaTurbo

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I use my infrared all the time for my television. We don't use the actual remotes for our TV or cable box since our tablet has it built in as well.

I don't think this phone should be compared to the iPhone at all. They aren't even in the same class. I tend to think it should be compared to other more advanced phones like the M9, LG G4, Mi4, etc.