FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
What was the topic again?
Oyea. ;)
Found myself at the mall today. Stopped in the Best Buy Mobile store to finally see these devices in person.
O. M. G.
I'm impressed. They are both slightly smaller then my Turbo. Love that. Both feel great in the hand.
I like how you can scroll pages on the Edge by, well, using the edge. Although it was faster just using the screen.
If I was looking at this phone and the Turbo side by side right now deciding which to buy...I'd lean toward the S6.
However, I think my next phone will still be the next LG. I want to go back to removable batteries.

TapaTurbo
I was half tempted to not post the last "lesson", and instead follow the moderator task of getting this thread back on topic, but I'm defending the OP in this instance so I felt justified.

Thanks, @PereDroid , for taking the high road (and for poking some fun at me too!)

luddite

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S6 Edge Plus, S8, S8+
I have been using fast charge with my Note4 since I bought it earlier this year when it took around an hour and ten minutes to charge from about 30%.
After seeing this thread I turned off fast charge and charged it from 32% this morning when it took over three hours to charge. :(

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
My phone gets hotter streaming Netflix then it does using my Turbo Charger. :)

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
My phone gets hotter streaming Netflix then it does using my Turbo Charger. :)

But is the SOC or the radio causing the heatup? Are either of these next to the specific accelerometer tasked with autorotate? It's not the overall heat, it's the specific location of the heat, and the fact that Samsung didn't suss out this particular issue before releasing the phone should seriously erode consumer faith in Samsung's engineering department.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
No clue. And I don't usually watch Netflix on my phone. Wife fell asleep early in the living room...I went to bed and finished watching Daredevil.
Noticed it got pretty damn hot.
But still not as hot as it gets in a car on a warm day running Google Maps Navi. I swear I could fry an egg in the thing sometimes.
I'm not discounting what the Foxman says...it is science and I love science. But SO many things make my phone get really hot. Ingress is another.
I'm just using my phone the way it was meant to be used. If I have battery issues later, I'll worry about it then.
Life's too short. I could die tomorrow. ;)

(I love this site! So if I suddenly stop posting, please notify someone). ;)

TapaTurbo

Last edited: