Samsung Galaxy S6 Active Holds Up Well as a Hockey Puck

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
galaxy-s6-active-hockypuck.png

The internet is rife with videos of the crazy things people do to their smartphones. Today's video is brought to you by Unbox Therapy as the crafty and cooky host decides to use his Samsung Galaxy S6 Active as a hockey puck.

What's really amazing is that the phone holds up remarkably well throughout most of his "testing." The phone is tested with two full-bore slap-shots that send it careening across the ice. It comes away without a single scratch or dent, and is still functioning perfectly.

When they finally decide to use the phone in a full game, it gets slammed into a goal post and finally succumbs to the high velocity impact. Regardless of the ultimate outcome, it is impressive that it took as much abuse as it did. Check out the video in the thread below.

Here's our Galaxy S6 forum for further discussion: Samsung Galaxy S6, S6 Edge and S6 Edge Plus | Android Forum at DroidForums.net

Last edited:
OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here's that video:

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
As a hockey fan, I approve of this test. In the beginning, I heard it hit a post and it survived. I was pretty surprised. I have a feeling it hit the back or side. When it did break, it looks like it hit the screen head on. But, two slap shots, thats pretty impressive. I wish they had put a couple other devices in the mix like a normal S6, and iPhone and a MotoX...you know, for science.

Last edited:

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
These test are more inline with day to day use than just trying to crack the phone in half.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
These test are more inline with day to day use than just trying to crack the phone in half.
Yeah... because we all get the urge to play hockey with our smartphones... lol!

Seriously though, I understand what you mean. It's great to see how much of an impact it can take without the full intention to actually break it.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X

Seriously though, I understand what you mean. It's great to see how much of an impact it can take without the full intention to actually break it.
I'm the only one? Dang.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The M9 would have melted all the ice in the arena.

Nice, the active is definitely durable. Out of all the industrial phones out there that is the only one that looks halfway decent.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
The M9 would have melted all the ice in the arena.

Nice, the active is definitely durable. Out of all the industrial phones out there that is the only one that looks halfway decent.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
Is that why it has an IP7 rating?

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL

I dunno, there are definitely times where I wanted to take a stick to my phone and send it skidding across the ground.