Samsung Galaxy S5 Specs Supposedly Confirmed with Snapdragon 805 & 2,560×1,440 Res

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Jan 13, 2014.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,254
    [​IMG]

For weeks/months we have heard a number of rumors concerning the Samsung Galaxy S5. Today we some new intel which supposedly "confirms" some of the specs for the device. Here's the breakdown,

• Quad HD (2,560×1,440) Super AMOLED display
    • Exynos 6 (Eight-core processor) or a Snapdragon 805 processor (depending on launch market)
    • 16-megapixel camera
    • Android 4.4 KitKat
    • Both a plastic version and a metal version

More than likely the display size will be somewhere between 5 and 5.5 inches. We also can likely expect RAM of 3GB, and maybe a 16MP camera. As you can see we are still getting the same reports of both a plastic and a metal version of the device, one of which will be the "premium" version. We will keep you apprised when we know more. More than likely we will see the device launch announcement in London in March.

Source: SamMobile

2. tgyberg

tgyberg Silver Member

Ratings:
    +326
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel XL & C
    Man, doesn't get much better than that!

3. jspradling7

jspradling7 Active Member

Ratings:
    +214
    If they keep the physical size the same as the S3 and S4 I will definitely get one in metal. If they creep the size up toward the Note 2 and 3 I will wait for something else to interest me.

• Like Like x 3
  4. kodiak799

kodiak799 Gold Member

Ratings:
    +933
    5.5" makes no sense, especially with a "mini" Note around that size.....3 different devices roughly the same size? Unless they plan to make the Note even bigger to 6" or something.

I think the Note is great for utility, but it simply looks obnoxious. 5" is my limit, and I might even prefer 4.7"

5. jspradling7

jspradling7 Active Member

Ratings:
    +214
    I really liked how handy my Rezound was and that's probably why I like this Moto X so much. It's refreshing to enjoy functionality over the gee-whiz for a while. I'm not sure why I need a quad display, Samsung.

6. kodiak799

kodiak799 Gold Member

Ratings:
    +933
    Yep, I still like almost everything about my Rezound. A better cpu might help browsing, otherwise 1gig of ram is starting to bog down (I have a ridiculous home set-up, and stock apps are taking up more and more ram these days).

I think I might grab a Moto X off EBAY in a few months. I'd consider paying full retail for a beast of a phone, but I think anything over 5" is a non-starter.

7. combatmedic870

combatmedic870 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +56
    Looks good. I'm not liking my note 3 to much. If they stay at 5-5.2. The same size as the S4. Then I'm all in.

Search tags for this page

exynos 6 processor vs snapdragon 805

exynos 6 vs snapdragon 805

galaxy s5 specs dgstorm