Samsung Galaxy S5 Full Spec List

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Feb 24, 2014.

1. combatmedic870

combatmedic870 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +56
    Well the SGS5 is more dust resistant but less water proof at IP67
    The Z2 @ IP58 is more water proof but less dust reistant.
    The first number is dust resitance, the second number is water resistance.

I had to look that up, I was really curious!
    IP Code - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think its weird that the sony is less dust proof but it is more water proof. how is that possible!!!??!!? LOL

I wonder if Samsung's IP rating is a claim, OR it is REALLY certified.

My thinking is that the headphone jack gives the Z2 a 5 rating in dust. If that is the case. It would as well for the SGS5. It doesnt make sense.

Im gonna have to do a little more digging to figure this out.

#25 combatmedic870, Feb 24, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
  2. kodiak799

kodiak799 Gold Member

Ratings:
    +822
    I don't know. 2gigs is plenty sufficient, at the moment, but apps are taking up more and more data - especially Google apps - with cloud sync and contextual awareness.

I'm struggling a bit with just 1gig of ram on the Rezound, so I've been monitoring - not uncommon to see apps using 50-70megs of ram (Amazon, Playstore, Currents, etc...). If you like to use a lot of widgets, well developers are adding features & other goodies so for me I wouldn't be surprised to feel 2gigs is lacking in 12-18 months (and I don't game). Although some of that could be solved with Google giving more control over OOM priority, or developers getting the coding right (the widget services that have been "inactive" in the background for a while tend to get killed when Android needs the memory).

3. Dalvik_Cache

Dalvik_Cache Super Moderator
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +125
    They should have named it she Galaxy 4S! See what I did there?! :p

#27 Dalvik_Cache, Feb 25, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
  4. jspradling7

jspradling7 Active Member

Ratings:
    +214
    [lame humor warning]

Thanks for the effort Samsung, but I've had a Galaxy S5 for 6 months now... it's called the LG G2. It's smaller and lighter and has a bigger display and battery. I don't need water proof or a fingerprint scanner. But I do like your Amoled displays a little better. Maybe you can go ahead and announce the "Prime" now. You know, the one with a metal frame, 3 gb of Ram, a 3000 battery, 64 bit processor, and a 5.25 quad display. Kudos on the camera though, it sounds like that did get upgraded.

[/lame humor warning]

#28 jspradling7, Feb 25, 2014
  5. shourah

shourah New Member

Ratings:
    +1

Im agree with you, go..go..go Lg Lover

[​IMG]

#29 shourah, Feb 25, 2014
  6. pc747

pc747 Administrator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +4,556
    Well we said Samsung was the top dog and looks like the top dog may have fumbled a bit. Now can Motorola or another oem catch up or will Samsung just pick it up and score.

[​IMG]

7. GAstorino

GAstorino Member

Ratings:
    +24
    Wow. The Denver Broncos of phone upgrades. I am underwhelmed. Why make your new flagship phone and upgrade be only 1" in size, newer battery, and better camera. That is it. No real upgrade in processors, no ram increase, no increase in storage. Screen resolution remains the same. Exact same UI. Thought I was looking at S4. Samsung what the hell have you gone all Apple on us. Iphone almost the same since model 1 with the miniscule increases every 6 months in order to maximize $$$. Maybe cut down to 30 or 40 the models of phones you sell and spec out your newer ones. Just nuts that an opportunity was wasted.

8. Preach2k

Preach2k DF News Team
    Premium Member

Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
    Ratings:
    +519
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy Note 4
    Twitter:
    DroidNCState
    This phone is more like a Galaxy S4s. It is just a small bump up. Not that much of a difference.

9. huskur

huskur Senior Member

Ratings:
    +36
    4S is the "old stuff". Now that the Galaxy s5 is out you may get a S5S LOL

10. cereal killer

cereal killer Administrator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,464
    Current Phone Model:
    Nokia Lumia Icon
    Samsung throws exorbitant amounts of cash into advertising and are all over the place. Sammy will continue to dominate the Android space for a long time. They've built a brand and have pulled so far away from the pack I honestly do not know how any of the other OEM's will catch up.

It will take years for another OEM to build momentum, and Samsung must falter along the way for anyone to come along and steal their thunder. I personally do not see Samsung relinquishing their title for a very long time, unless they decide to move to a Tizen based smartphone (which I personally think is going to happen in the future. Just yy opinion)

11. voodoodaddy

voodoodaddy Member

Ratings:
    +4
    I love hearint this. I am currently saddled with a 2.5yr old Droid Bionic. Its become frustratingly laggy, requiring frequent cache clearing, and ram scrubbing. Literally every time I use the browser I have to wait for it to freeze and give me the "boat browser is not responding, could you like to wait or close" notification. (and its not just boat browser, was having same issue with chrome, which is why I switched to boat in the 1st place).

Anywho....the other day I upgraded to the HTC One Max, wanting a bigger screen. That lasted 1 day, it was TOO big. I didnt want the HTC One, as its over a year old at this point. Then I was going to get the LG G2, but they were out of stock. I wasnt happy with the amount of crapware that was loaded in there, but was willing to give it a try.

After debating back and forth I ended up buying a Moto X from Swappa and it will be here in a few days. I wasnt initially impressed by the specs on it when it came out (especially the screen size, I wanted something bigger), but more and more Im hearing how great this phone is despite the middle-of-the-road specs, due to software optimization. Its more of a true google experience phone, which is what I want. I wanted the Nexus 5, but being on Verizon this is as close as Im going to get I suppose.

12. akhenax

akhenax Silver Member

Ratings:
    +402
    It was mentioned earlier, but software optimizations and features will be the future as specs are not really as important anymore. This is why the Moto X is the phone to have. Specs are humble, giving great battery life. Software is optimized to work perfectly without the need for the best processor, or the tons of ram (see Apple iPhone 4x, 5x).

Search tags for this page
galaxy s5 launcher
galaxy s5 touchwiz apk
must have widgets for s5

samsung s5 full-spec

sgs5 vs htc dna specs