Samsung Galaxy S5 Full Spec List

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Feb 24, 2014.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

[​IMG]

Update: We forgot to mention, Samsung said the device would launch in multiple countries in April.

Update 2: After a tip from combatmedic870, we did some digging. Apparently, the new processor in the Galaxy S5 is the Snapdragon 801. We updated our story specs below to reflect the correct info. Although Samsung has yet to officially release the info, we found evidence of this from a couple of different sites.

Our quick presser shares all of the relevant official features and functions of the Galaxy S5, but many of us are hardware junkies and want to see the list of the innards. Here's the hardware spec breakdown for the Samsung Galaxy S5:
    • 5.1-inch FHD Super AMOLED display (1920 x 1080 resolution)
    • 2.5GHz MSM8974AC Snapdragon 801 Quad-Core Processor
    • 2GB of RAM
    • 16/32GB of memory
    • microSD support up to 64GB
    • 16-megapixel camera with UHD 4K video recording at 30fps and various software features
    • 2.1-megapixel front-facing camera
    • LTE Cat 4 (150/50Mbps) support
    • 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac HT80 MIMO (2×2) Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth 4.0 BLE/ANT_
    • USB 3.0
    • NFC
    • IR Remote
    • 2800mAh battery
    • IP67 Dust and Water Resistant
    • Fingerprint scanner
    • Heart rate sensor
    • Android 4.4.2 KitKat with various software features on top including Ultra Power Saving Mode, Download Booster, S Health 3.0, Quick Connect, Private Mode, Kids Mode
    • Size: 142 x 72.5 x 8.1
    • Weight: 145g
    Share your thoughts!
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
  2. Rhino94

Rhino94 Member

Not as impressive as I thought it was going to be but the finger print scanner is a nice touch. Who needs a heart rate sensor on their phone? Put it on the gear fit or whatever you dont need that on the phone that's dumbest thing I have ever seen...
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
  3. combatmedic870

combatmedic870 Well-Known Member

Well the most powerful device announced is the Sony Z2. I don't see it coming to the US for a while though

This is kind of a disappointment. It's specs don't even match the Note 3(ram).
  4. dgstorm

Yeah... its internals aren't actually as "cutting edge" as the new Sony Xperia Z2. Sure, the internals don't necessarily equate to a good user experience, but I am surprised on how "subdued" this Samsung flagship is this year.
  5. Sydman

Sydman Premium Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

I would have to agree with everyone, I am seeing an overwhelming "meh" with this phone. Definitely not one I am going to run out to get. Will see what comes of the Nexus 6 first.
  6. combatmedic870

Well....I was hoping for the snap 801 strictly for faster nand(if they were to put it in there in the first place.)
    The nand is really the last thing that needs to be fix on our decices.
    We shall see what the HTC one mk2 has up its sleeves.
  7. JohnnytheK

JohnnytheK Well-Known Member

I for one, I would use a heart rate scanner every day!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
  8. dgstorm

Yep... HTC has a chance to wow us, but if the rumors are true, it won't be much different than the Galaxy S5. I suspect the phone with the most impressive hardware specs for the beginning part of this year will be the Sony phone. It's too bad that won't necessarily translate into sales for them.
  9. combatmedic870

Well depends if it's a gimmick....If it REALLY works.
  10. PereDroid

PereDroid Well-Known Member

Just reassures me that I still want the Moto X. Too bad the sale is over now. :(
  11. skipbl92

skipbl92 New Member

64 bit processor?
  12. dmdj232

dmdj232 Member

Just got my Moto X last week and it is BY FAR the best phone I've ever had!! Coming from a Razr HD.
  13. combatmedic870

Ive read in quite a few places this does have the snap801
    Maybe the specs aren't as bad as it seems. Besides the 2g ram
  14. pc747

pc747 DF Administrator Staff Member Rescue Squad

If they optimized the experience like motorola did then spec is where it needs to be. Remember Kit Kat is already a lighter software than JB. I think we are seeing the spec ware curve here as now we are needing to see companies take advantage of what they have which is where the features come in at.

Well if rumors are true that Motorola will be making it I am definitely on board. I like the s5 but not really a fan of Knox. Knox is really good for people needing a secure business phone but not so much for those who like to tinker.
  15. dgstorm

@combatmedic870 was correct. The original source where we got the Snapdragon 800 processor for the Galaxy S5 was incorrect. I was able to corroborate from three different other sites that the processor in the SGS5 is the Snapdragon 801. This means its CPU and GPU are on par with the Sony Xperia Z2, but it's RAM is still lower at 2GB instead of 3GB. Of course, the SGS5 actually has a better water and dust resistance than the Sony, so that's something worth considering as well.

Overall it seems the two devices are about on par with one another. Of course, the popularity of the Samsung products is off the charts whereas Sony mobile devices are not nearly as successful.
  16. kodiak799

kodiak799 Well-Known Member

Only 2gigs of ram is kind of shocking to me...I think less future proof (which may be the point) than a 2k display or "suped-up" processor. Maybe the processor is needed for camcorder and better photos, though.

Oh so close with the IR blaster, at least the thought process. Sure, for some I can see the use - it's cutting-edge 1998 technology!
  17. Bara65

Bara65 New Member

I'm reading that too. 801 is a little better than 800 but real next thing from QUALCOMM is 805. Interestingly Wiki now says that 805 will go into S5 as well. If this is true, I think S5 prime version exists and it's still in the work.
  18. gadgetrants

gadgetrants Well-Known Member

If the recent rumor that "current units" are shipping with 1080p and "future units" are shipping with 2K are true, I'm totally, utterly befuddled. WHO IN THE WORLD would buy the S5 now only to learn in a few months that the screen had been significantly updated (even at a higher price-point)? I hate painting myself in a corner, but I hope the 2K doesn't happen until the S6. Seriously, I don't want to be anywhere NEAR the forum when an updated S5 with a 2K screen hits the street -- there will be an Armageddon full of unhappy customers.

-Matt
  19. Amagine

Amagine Member

I believe we may be looking at the backside of the spec war bell curve. Just like what we saw in the PC industry, the MhZ wars ticked up to oblivion until the multi core chips became common and further when better optimization of mutil threading came about. Now that there is nearly no distance between CPU and RAM with SOC solutions, the spec war has moved on to the software.

I am fairly certain we are looking at the same transition, probably for the next couple of years we are going to be seeing features, battery and UI evolve where as specs will stay mostly the same.
  20. Narsil

Narsil Active Member

I'm waiting to see what the Note 4 is bringing to the party.
Search tags for this page
galaxy s5 launcher
galaxy s5 touchwiz apk

must have widgets for s5

samsung s5 full-spec

sgs5 vs htc dna specs