Samsung Galaxy S4's Screen is “a good reason to consider trading up”

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
gs4.jpeg

When a new iteration of a tried and true handset is announced and subsequently released the age old question "is it worth it to trade up?" always makes its way around the web. That very question is making its rounds in regards to the just released Samsung Galaxy S4 (AT&T, Sprint and T-Mo), and the answer according to the experts at DisplayMate is a definite yes. According to the fine folks over at DisplayMate the Samsung Galaxy S4's screen is not only a little better, it's actually “a major enhancement and improvement over the Galaxy S III” and is “a good reason to consider trading up.” They go on to say that the only other handset that can match the quality of the S4's screen is the iPhone 5, which they previously gave the nod to for screen superiority over the Galaxy SIII.

So, if you are still on the fence on whether you should pull the trigger and upgrade, you just may want to drop into your local retailer and take the Galaxy S4 for a test drive. If a more sharp, crisp and beautiful screen is something that you were looking for, you just may find it in the Galaxy S4.

Source: DisplayMate

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would agree 100%! The display on this device is absolutely beautiful. If anyone has the DNA, it's pretty much the same quality. I can't tell the difference in the DNA and S4 screens.

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I would agree 100%! The display on this device is absolutely beautiful. If anyone has the DNA, it's pretty much the same quality. I can't tell the difference in the DNA and S4 screens.

Maybe you can put up a comparo (video or pics) of the two screens? Droid DNA is a beautiful screen, I'd like to see them side by side

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
Lolololol @ "the only other handset that can match the quality of the S4's screen is the iPhone 5". That's funny. I mean, I get why they said that...Apple is Samsung's largest competition, so to get people to switch from their iPhones to the SGS4 it was necessary to make a direct comparison. But it's not an accurate statement at all. Super AMOLED is old news, Sammy just pushed the resolution and PPI further than before.

I'm really starting to dislike Samsung for trying to beat Apple at their own game. They should just leave the pretentiousness to the fruit club.

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Lolololol @ "the only other handset that can match the quality of the S4's screen is the iPhone 5". That's funny. I mean, I get why they said that...Apple is Samsung's largest competition, so to get people to switch from their iPhones to the SGS4 it was necessary to make a direct comparison. But it's not an accurate statement at all. Super AMOLED is old news, Sammy just pushed the resolution and PPI further than before.

I'm really starting to dislike Samsung for trying to beat Apple at their own game. They should just leave the pretentiousness to the fruit club.
Lol,what he said^^^^

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Screen size/resolution is not remotely a reason to trade-up. Especially for those of us eyeing retail to keep our unlimited.

For some reason this made me think about VZW insurance for your phone. I guess some people are hard on their phones, or forgetful. But if you were paying $8-$9/mo like me, in 2 years you've saved about $200. Wish I had dropped my insurance sooner. My perspective now is, if something happens to my phone, then that's a reason to upgrade (and I have perfectly capable backups to tide me over).

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
This phone is just too damn big. I was hoping the S4 might be a bit smaller then the S3... not bigger.
As soon as I heard it was bigger I went with the RAZR.

xtor

Reaction score
This phone is just too damn big. I was hoping the S4 might be a bit smaller then the S3... not bigger.

It's funny I just got the note 2 and my friends say it's to big, they said, whats next they gonna call a laptop a flip phone, but when they see me hold this phone it looks normal size, but in 6'5

Detonation

Reaction score

The S4 is the same size as the S3. Actually it's technically a few millimeters thinner and shorter.

Hugh Jass

Reaction score

I hate to break it to you, but try using google next time bro. You're going to kick yourself for two years due to your insolence...

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
It's funny I just got the note 2 and my friends say it's to big, they said, whats next they gonna call a laptop a flip phone, but when they see me hold this phone it looks normal size, but in 6'5

I love the size of the Note 2. I can't type for crapolla on my RAZR, plus I am growing tired of the keyboard taking up 70% of the screen when typing in Landscape mode. Really becoming a pain.....

xtor

Reaction score
I love the size of the Note 2. I can't type for crapolla on my RAZR, plus I am growing tired of the keyboard taking up 70% of the screen when typing in Landscape mode. Really becoming a pain.....

I got my note 2 and retired my razr, can't believe how small text looks on a razr compared to the note

droidxd00d

Reaction score
I love my note 2. Every other phone is now a toy phone to me haha. My moms Iphone 4 feels like a childs toy