Samsung Galaxy S3 vs RAZR HD

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy S3' started by CuriousRaven, Sep 5, 2012.

1. bsweetness

bsweetness Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +754
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel 2 XL
    I think you've been hearing either misinformation, information from people who really don't know what they're doing with their phone, or from people who constantly have poor signal. I have all location settings enabled all the time, I use 4G/3G all the time (which uses more battery than WiFi), I either have the display set on automatic brightness or close to max because I'm outside a lot, and I use my phone all throughout the day. I can't stand haptic feedback, so I have that off, but I do have my phone on vibrate only most of the time (which can impact battery life if you get a lot of calls/texts). I have no problem making it through 8 hours. There's nothing that I feel the need to turn off that I regularly use throughout the day. The only time I'll do that is if it's evening and I'm out away from a charger.

2. armeddroid

armeddroid Senior Member

Ratings:
    +30
    Its possibly both. And some who live in struggling 4G areas.
    Thas why i was questioning many people in their respected LTE areas to get as many scenarios as possible.
    I appreciate the info and def curbs my initial thoughts in copping the SGS3.

Much obliged.

3. 94lt1

94lt1 Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,504
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo 2
    I wasn't talking about you lol.. :p:D just making a blanket statement ;) I know you wouldn't do that.
    .you wouldn't dissuade me further.. lmao..

4. bsweetness

bsweetness Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +754
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel 2 XL
    Oh, but if I wanted to dissuade you further, I could easily do one based off known specs, and in that, the S3 would outshine the RAZR MAXX HD overall. :)

5. 94lt1

94lt1 Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +4,504
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo 2
    Nah... the ram isn't a big deal with the new blur, I don't think. We'll see though. LOL

6. bsweetness

bsweetness Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +754
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel 2 XL
    You mean "I hope the ram isn't a big deal with the new blur." :)

There's also the whole future-proofing aspect of the extra gig of ram, larger screen, better camera (with as important as mobile cameras have become, if the HD's had an improved camera, they would have talked about it in when they were revealed)... :)

They're certainly not looking to be bad devices, and reception could make them extremely appealing for many, but they bring nothing new to the table. The top tier devices out there have had everything they have, and more, for months. That might be somewhat forgivable if they were being released this week, but we don't know when they're coming. For me, they're already too little too late, but in a month or two when they're actually released, they'll be too far behind the curve for me.

7. 94lt1

94lt1 Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +4,504
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo 2
    Yeah that's true about being behind the curve.. but this is just a phoning it in device... putting something out..

It'll be February when/if moto shows any signs of progress. Which I personally think they will.

But on the other side of the coin... if Samsung doesn't get jb out soon(provided moto doesn't drop the ball) then there'll be the whole"its got jb" thing..not a big deal to some... but to others.... its going to be EVERYTHING..which is sad lmao.

As far as future proofing... idk about that. It could help, but with the improvements in processors, and hopefully an improvement in efficiency of the processors, ram won't be a huge issue...

But yes the s3 will definitely be more capable to be viable for future use... but will the build quality last that long?

I'm not saying any other device would be.... they're all cutting corners internally...

#43 94lt1, Sep 10, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2012
Search tags for this page

galaxy s3 vs razr hd

motorola razr hd vs samsung galaxy s3

motorola razr m vs samsung galaxy s3
razr hd or galaxy s3

razr hd vs galaxy s3

razr hd vs s3
s3 vs razr hd
samsung galaxy 3 vs razr hd
samsung galaxy s3 vs droid razr hd