Samsung Galaxy S3 vs RAZR HD

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy S3' started by CuriousRaven, Sep 5, 2012.

1. bsweetness

bsweetness Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +754
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel 2 XL
    I'll definitely agree with that. The speaker on the S3 is very good, and definitely sounds better than the speaker on my MAXX did.

2. CuriousRaven

CuriousRaven Member

Ratings:
    +3
    bsweetness,
    Thank you for the best Pro's and Con's list I have seen comparing these two devices. :hail:

3. Z06_Mir

Z06_Mir Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The only thing I truly miss from my thunderbolt is the clock from sense. The integration of the weather was great (who doesn't love when the windshield wipers come on?!) and most importantly the access to the clock. The alarm clock on the s3 blows and mine works sparingly at best. I set the alarm from the stock app, alarm klock and the I set it on my galaxy tab 10.1 also. And the ring selection for alarms is terrible. I'm not gonna wake up to some soothing sounds, I need a ring.

4. 94lt1

94lt1 Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,504
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo 2
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news people.. but there's no true way to do an accurate pros and cons list yet... we don't know everything about the HD... just saying...

And I say this as a moto fanboy lol

5. bsweetness

bsweetness Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +754
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel 2 XL
    That's why I haven't done one yet. My list above is in response to someone who asked for the pros and cons of the S3 versus the Rezound. :)

6. k1ngr4t

k1ngr4t Senior Member

Ratings:
    +114
    Current Phone Model:
    Z Force
    Reading is your friend!!

7. DroidBoardr

DroidBoardr Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I would add that the Rezound(sense) had some of the greatest widgets. The gallery widget in particular, as well as the access to the clock which was already mentioned. the weather widget i have been able to get passed thanks to weather widget thanks to GoLauncher but the windshield wipers were cool. but i miss that gallery widget every time someone want to see pics of my kids.

8. armeddroid

armeddroid Senior Member

Ratings:
    +30
    I am hearing that the battery is not that great on the S3.
    What kind of normal usage time is people on average getting?

The 2gb RAM is quite attractive but battery life and reception is my concern.
    I hear that the SG3 has been improved greatly in terms of GPS system. But I am hearing ALOT of mixed reviews on the battery life.
    Alot of people saying its garbage and some are saying its decent but I have not heard that it was GREAT.
    Can the phone hold a charge for 8 hrs under normal usage without charge?

9. bsweetness

bsweetness Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +754
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel 2 XL
    The battery life on the S3 is actually very good, and second only to the RAZR MAXX as far as LTE phones on Verizon right now go. Exactly how long it can go on a charge will vary from person to person depending on usage and what apps are installed, and the definition of "normal usage" varies greatly. I'm on my S3 quite a bit throughout the day, I'd say more than normal for most people, and I have no problems making it through 8 hours.

10. armeddroid

armeddroid Senior Member

Ratings:
    +30
    Thas very encouraging to hear.
    I def agree "normal usage" can be defined differently per the user.
    For those who have access to their phones during work in one case vs others who do not. I have access to my phone during work hours but that might not be the case all the time.
    Like one scenario I hear is when people complain about their battery life, others chime in and say, "turn this setting off, and this, and this...etc."
    I dont want to hear that.
    Normal usage to me in one case is auto brightness is a given, WIFI is a given, haptic feedback, etc.
    These i dont mind.
    If i have to change an aresenal of setting for my phone to get through 8 hours, then that phone is not for me which I heard that SGS3 fits that description.
    Thoughts?

11. ChaosBringer

ChaosBringer New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've had this same question for a while, really, im just not sure if i should bother upgrading my phone right now or wait til the end of the year. I really wanted a quad core phone but who knows when those will be available for verizon/the states.

my upgrade is coming up next week, but im not sure if i should get the galaxy s3, razr maxx hd, or hold off for another month or two and see whats coming out. everything would be an upgrade at this point with my original incredible, but i really wanna get something that would be worth keeping for two+ years.

the razr maxx hd doesnt have a removable battery, which is the biggest factor into why i am leaning against the idea of getting it (i love mods/rooting, etc, so it could be an issue if i cant force power down if the phone freezes). not to mention the s3 has that 2gb of ram o.o

but the galaxy s3 is already a few months old and given its still $200 price tag, im sure something else will probably come out in the near future that would be around the same price, and probably better/better looking or whatever.

Has there been any word on what may be coming out besides the razr maxx? (no apple bull****)

#35 ChaosBringer, Sep 10, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2012
  12. Z06_Mir

Z06_Mir Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I typically use Power Saver mode on mine which does turn off the haptic feedback, but I hate haptic feedback anyway so I don't really care. If I'm posting on forums that don't have a mobile site I turn it off so the keyboard doesn't lag. My typical day varies a lot. Today I probably won't unplug my phone until 10 and I'll probably go to bed around 12 or 1 with around 50-60%. I use mine at work but not consistently. I do listen to music on it quite a bit (some media player, some Pandora) and I typically talk on the phone between 1 and 2 hours. I have my GPS off unless I need it. I have Sync on and I leave my phone on vibrate. If I go flying I turn it on Airplane mode and just listen to music. The phone hasn't died on me throughout the day yet. I usually have my screen around 20% but I do adjust it for my need throughout the day. I find auto too bright even inside.

Search tags for this page

galaxy s3 vs razr hd

motorola razr hd vs samsung galaxy s3

motorola razr m vs samsung galaxy s3
razr hd or galaxy s3

razr hd vs galaxy s3

razr hd vs s3
s3 vs razr hd
samsung galaxy 3 vs razr hd
samsung galaxy s3 vs droid razr hd
samsung galaxy s3 vs motorola razr hd