Samsung Galaxy S3 Dead?

decy07

Reaction score
Hi,

Not 100% sure if this is the correct place to post this threat and if it is sorry. My problem is that my galaxy s3 wont turn on or charge. the phone was working perfectly fine i had about 2 percent batterly life left when i place it on charge (im not sure if this may have been the problem put i have a pernickity charger and only works when sitting a certain way) i stuck it on charge then i went onto snapchat whilst i was on the snapchat app my from crashed so i placed it back down and left it for 10 or so minutes and came back to it to see if it had corrected its self. the screen was still frozen and the brightness was up 100% as if it were still charging. i took the battery out the back of the phone and when i connect it again i was unable to power my phone up or charge it at all. i have tried other chargers and it still wont charge. im thinking that perhaps when it froze my charger wasnt charging it properly and the frozen screen cause it to use up too much power and not power down like it should have when it normally gets to a certain level. Has anyone else encountered this problem.

All advice would be greatly appreciated, im going to try and borrow someones battery and see if the phone works then.

Thanks
Decy 07

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

Unless your battery was failing before and considering your comments about your charger I don't feel the battery is the problem. Try plugging your S3 into a running PC for at least 4 hours then try powering up again,

OP
D

decy07

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

Unless your battery was failing before and considering you comments bout your charger I don't feel the battery is the problem. Try plugging your S3 into a running PC for at least 4 hours then try powering up again,

Thank you. i tried this to do probably a little over the 4 hours and unfortuantly it did'nt work. Feel like it might have something to do with it freezing when it had 1% battery and because it froze couldnt power down when it normaly would causing the battery to deplete more than i shoud have done.

The phone is ensured but i am hoping there is another way to fix it. i dont want to risk losing the data i have on my phone as there is alot of pictures and memorys i would like to retreive is there anyway i could extract that data without the phone powering up?

Thanks
Decy07

Bratster2

Reaction score
If you had the Camera set to put pictures on the sdcard, just pull it and put it in a sd reader.

As for the phone, id see if anyone you know has one and try their battery, or buy a battery.

Could also bring it to your network store if you bought it there and see if they will try a battery for you.

This will rule out dead battery causing issues.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Thank you. i tried this to do probably a little over the 4 hours and unfortuantly it did'nt work. Feel like it might have something to do with it freezing when it had 1% battery and because it froze couldnt power down when it normaly would causing the battery to deplete more than i shoud have done.

The phone is ensured but i am hoping there is another way to fix it. i dont want to risk losing the data i have on my phone as there is alot of pictures and memorys i would like to retreive is there anyway i could extract that data without the phone powering up?

Thanks
Decy07

Not positive I fully understand. Were you able to turn it off when you had it plugged into the PC. Another suggestion is that you could have a bad cable, possibly pinched internally.

OP
D

decy07

Reaction score
i cant restart the phone or switch it off at all because it wont turn on. it has crashed so i had left it then removed the battery at first i though i had depleted the battery when it crashed and couldnt power its self down. today i tried someone elses battery and that did not work. i tried my battery in there phone and it worked perfectly so that rules out a battery related problem. if wiorse comes to worse im just going to claim my insurance and the phone lost lol

wcjeep

Reaction score
I've seen this a few times with friends phones. The battery needs to be at least partially charged outside of the phone. There are some adapters sold on Amazon.

OP
D

decy07

Reaction score
update. i spoke to samsung n they said this is a common problem and will replace the phone which is great. my problem is how do i retrieve my old photos? I didnt use an sd card the problem they said is often cause by using tooo much ram/cpu

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Glad you found a solution. On the new phone plan on setting up a DropBox account. You can get it to upload every photo you take to the cloud for safe keeping.

OP
D

decy07

Reaction score
apparently it cud be ive used to much memory caused by apps ect how do idelete these if the phone wont turn on

OP
D

decy07

Reaction score
Glad you found a solution. On the new phone plan on setting up a DropBox account. You can get it to upload every photo you take to the cloud for safe keeping.

thanks. i was just hoping i could atleast wipe the phone before sending it away lol i have trust issues lol it has all my credit card info and well some home videos with the wife if u knw wot i mean lol.