Samsung Galaxy S3 Confirmed to Go Straight to Android 4.3 & Skip 4.2.2

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Samsung-Galaxy-S-III-Android-43-update.jpg

Owners of the Samsung Galaxy S III, (arguably still one of the best smartphones on the planet), will be getting an update straight to Android 4.3 and skipping the Android 4.2.2 version. This has been confirmed by a Deutsche Telekom rep in Germany. It's possible this will only apply to the German version of the device, but more than likely it will occur worldwide.

The Galaxy S3 joins the Galaxy Note 2 in this regard, since that device will be getting the same treatment (as we reported previously). Unfortunately, there is no confirmation given on when these devices will receive these updates.

Still, the fact that it has been confirmed is encouraging. More than likely we will see this update sometime before the end of the year.

Source: UnWiredView

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Great news. The S3 is my wife's phone, (was mine), I'll appreciate the new OS, she won't know the difference. :p

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Words are all good, but I want a timeline. The Thunderbolt was promised to get ICS and it did...over 2 years after its launch (nearly the same for how old ICS was). Also, Sammy making 4.3 and carriers putting it on the phone are two different things. I would be absolutely shocked to see it by Christmas.