Samsung Galaxy S2 will not connect to Kies

Vawd

Reaction score
It shouldn't take this much time, and effort to make a phone simply connect to a program. I've been restarting both the pc, and phone, and no results. I troubleshooted the connection error, and nothing is working at all. I've seen multiple people posting on other sites about the same problem, but that was back in 2012 or so. I'm sorry if there's already a thread for this, or a group for this kind of post, but I'm new to these forums, and app. Thank you ahead of time. : D

bawldiggle

Reaction score
Hi "Vawd" -- welcome to the forum. :)
EDIT: Just saw your post date (I keep forgetting mm-dd-yy format (we are dd-mm-yy) -- my apolgies am I too late? :blink:​

I am an android virgin, so I will not pretend to be an expert

If I might suggest KIESS Tutorial USB connection -- the tutorial filled in some blanks for me. So far. :blink:

I have been investigating ways to connect my phone to my PC.
Lots of unhappy KIESS users in some forums and some critics of KIESS too, and I find it difficult to sort the wheat from the chaff.
Most of the comments are 1-2 years old. My phone guru at our local phone shop assures me KIESS has all its bugs ironed out.
I am old enough to have learnt there are a lot of egos and bovine excrement, out here in virtual world.
But I am about to experiment with KIESS (I think)​
-----
As an aside ...
So far I have successfully managed media files on my phone with an app "ES File Explorer" via USB (I would prefer WiFi)
Samsung phone support (for what it is worth :angry:) suggested I do not use Bluetooth to tether my phone to PC
(Risk of BT compromising WiFi -- whatever that really means)​
A little complex for me before to get into the "manage" process.

If it helps, I will post how I have setup and used "ES File Explorer" in this thread. I will subscribe to this thread to catch any pleas for help.
I will also report back here how KIESS works out.