Samsung Galaxy S - To buy or to not?

Discussion in 'Android Smart Phones' started by azazin, May 26, 2010.

1. azazin

azazin Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone,

I currently have a Motorola Milestone, however, I was wondering if I should go for the Samsung Galaxy S.

I like it because of it's fast processor and faster gpu than my milestone and because it looks really good.

The only downsides I can think of the Samsung Galaxy S is that it doesn't have a flash.

Any ideas?
    Also, I like to play games on my mobile so do you think I would benefit for the Samsung?

Please help!
    Thanks!

:icon_ banana:

2. Darkseider

Darkseider Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Personally before I would buy ANY Android phone, hell ANY phone, I would wait to see if the hacker/dev community has rooted it. This way you can guarantee two things.

1. Faster than factory updates to the latest and greatest goodness (Nexus getting pre-released Froyo on both T-Mobile AND AT&T)

2. Your purchase will remain viable WELL after the manufacturer/carrier drops support for it. (G1 getting Cyanogen 5.0.7)

3. wuyanks

wuyanks DF News Team Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    agreed, looks like a great device! as long as you have root (and a bootloader that isn't locked down, lol), you're good to go...

4. Garemlin

Garemlin Developer Relations

Ratings:
    +326
    Current Phone Model:
    LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
    From the info I have read there will be several version of the Galaxy S for all of the major carriers. The only one w/o a flash will be for AT&T. I personally really like the look and specs of the GS and was pretty much set on it if it came to Verizon. But I have a feeling their customized version of Android along with Touchwiz will take away from the feel of it being an Android phone. Leaning towards the Shadow now but the GS isn't totally out of the question.

5. azazin

azazin Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hmmm okay thanks for the advise everyone, but I was also wondering about gaming, will it be good on this mobile?

Thanks!

6. Darkseider

Darkseider Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It should be pretty good for gaming because the Hummingbird SoC in the Galaxy S has a dedicated PowerVR GPU similar to that of the Droid.

7. brochaos

brochaos Member

Ratings:
    +0
    well i just read that samsung promised the behold II people that they would get 2.0, and then they changed their mind, and now they will be stuck with 1.5. personally, i think samsung sucks at cellphones, and supporting them, so i would stay away.

8. Eli

Eli Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This is the phone I am waiting for. Looks like the best phone out there. Hoping for a verizon version.

9. Aquaflame14

Aquaflame14 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    All Galaxy S devices have a built in advanced Sixaxis for superior gaming
    that answer your question?