Samsung Galaxy S III Smokes The Competition in Web-Browsing Battery Tests

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Oct 12, 2012.

DroidForums.net is the premier Android Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
  1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,587
    [​IMG]

If you are a person who spends a lot of time browsing the web on your smartphone, then you would be wise to consider the Samsung Galaxy S III. According to a new study by Which?, the Galaxy S III easily crushes much of the competition in a battery web-browsing test. In the study, the SGS3 scored a 349 minutes of browser time, and the Sony Xperia S scoring the closest with a 276 minutes. The HTC One X came in third with 226 minutes, while the iPhone 4S and iPhone 5 were far behind with 208 and 200 respectively.

Keep one thing in mind about this study. One phone was notably absent from the testing that would likely have changed the results of this race. That phone is the Motorola RAZR MAXX with a 3300 mAh battery and 21 hours of rated talk time. Of course, regardless, it's still a pleasant surprise to see how efficient Samsung has made their flagship device. What do you guys think? Do these statistics jive with your experiences of the device, or do you think they sound exaggerated?

Source: S3Forums via Which?
  2. MissionImprobable

MissionImprobable Silver Member

Ratings:
    +84
    Yeah, the absence of the MAXX is a weakness of this test. It does, however, make me wonder how the iPhone 5 is getting the 4G usage times that Apple is claiming.
  3. skennelly

skennelly Active Member

Ratings:
    +29
    I'd be curious to know what power settings they were using. I'm sure they had power savings enabled, along with screen brightness to a minimum.
  4. liftedplane

liftedplane Senior Member

Ratings:
    +127
    read the picture again it says screen brightness was set to maximum and they were in a medium 3g area.

put the sgs3 in a 4g area and you're done. the maxx flat out smokes it.
  5. johnomaz

johnomaz Silver Member

Ratings:
    +301
    I'm in an LTE area and mine is crazy on battery. Yes, I am not stock, but hey...its still up there. I was streaming music for over an hour today and had navigation going with the screen on and it only used up like 15% of the battery.

Oh, I'm on AOKP. My Nexus 7 on SmoothROM with Franco Kernel smokes my S3 even more.
  6. jaksonball2

jaksonball2 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    generally it,s a impressive post. the Galaxy S III easily crushes much of the competition in a battery web-browsing test. In the study,i think you post will attract all and sundry. thank you.............
  7. sweeeeet

sweeeeet Silver Member

Ratings:
    +67
    4g only

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
  8. Sydman

Sydman Premium Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +296
    Like MissionImprobable said, without the number one player in the battery life game up there the test is already tainted. It is nice to see Apple stuck in the middle of greatness where they belong though, and there brand new phone getting worse battery than the previous.
  9. jwilly216

jwilly216 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Here you go; the results of the maxx test.
    The maxx lasted a lot longer than all of them due to its battery size.