Samsung Galaxy S III Prototype Captured on Video; Specs Likely Confirmed

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
what is everyone saying it doesnt live up to what they expected??? What are you expecting exactly??? 1.4 QUAD core, the high end cell phone standard camera of 8MP, 720 HD screen, also the standard 1GB of ram, and nfc...
what do you want??? 14.0 GHz octo-core, with 64 GB ram, 100 MP camera, 3D 1080p HD holographic screen and FFC (far field communication??)

It sounds exactly how it should be spec wise, dont forget the greatnesses are the amazing cpus, gpus, and software (look at the original galaxy s2)

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
If this really is the SGS 3, why is everyone so upset about it?

This seems really in line with what I would expect.

The only thing I would have hoped for is more RAM, but many of the more reasonable sounding rumors suggested it would still have 1GB, which is adequate to run ICS smoothly.

If it comes to Verizon, it'll likely be my phone of choice.
More ram is nice but theres a reason all the top phones are at 1GB ram...anything more will eat your battery alive (from what i understand ram has to be extremely optimized for battery life as-is and more than 1GB right now is impractical) and its not really needed

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah the specs really aren't bad at all. Not earth shattering but very good specs. The only downer for me is 16 GB internal storage, but with SD support, its a non issue.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is prototype. I'm sure the actually release will be more impressive. Or at least I hope, anyway.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
I'm sure the release will be more polished and streamlined. Aside from the gpu being the same as last years exynos package these specs look very nice.

Sent from my Droid2Global on CM7.1 nightlies, along with
Jakebyte mods, angel's tweaks, custom prop mods
-Kaw Kaw-

Skyrocketing

Reaction score
Awesome! Even though that may not be the final case, the specs and screen look amazing! Can't wait to get this phone :icon_ lala:

npro1464

Reaction score
Is that screen as good as the Note, SG2, or the Charge? I'm a little underwhelmed. Glad to see they've ditched the capacitive buttons, they must read Droid Forums. I was hoping for bezeless and 12 mp.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Yeah the specs really aren't bad at all. Not earth shattering but very good specs. The only downer for me is 16 GB internal storage, but with SD support, its a non issue.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
I agree. 16gb is plenty especially with the ability to drop in a 64gb micro sd. This phone has been rumored to come in 3 internal sizes... 16,32, and 64gb.

If this really is the SGS 3, why is everyone so upset about it?

This seems really in line with what I would expect.

The only thing I would have hoped for is more RAM, but many of the more reasonable sounding rumors suggested it would still have 1GB, which is adequate to run ICS smoothly.

If it comes to Verizon, it'll likely be my phone of choice.
ICS actually uses more RAM than GingerBread does on my Note so it would be nice to see an increase.