Samsung Galaxy S III Coming to MetroPCS in October; Pricing Unknown at This Time

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Galaxy-S3-metropcs.jpeg

Users of the budget carrier, MetroPCS may be pleased to know that in October they will be able to get the Samsung Galaxy S III on their network. The most notable thing about MetroPCS is that they have plans to offer VoLTE service. Additionally, they are a prepaid service, so the phones on their network are non-contract. Of course, that means that you will have to purchase the phone for its full retail price without any kind of subsidy. That will likely be in the $500-600 range, but no official pricing has been given. This news is officially confirmed from both Samsung and the carrier so it is a for sure thing and not a rumor. We will keep you apprised with more details as the emerge.

Here's a link to the carrier's website: http://www.metropcs.com/metro/static/galaxySIII.jsp

Source: S3Forums via AndroidAuthority

vague

Reaction score
I've played with it. Exact same as the big carriers as much as I can tell. I'm probably going to get it after this Verizon contract is up

silverfang77

Reaction score
Sounds tempting, but remember Metro's coverage and reception are a joke.

vague

Reaction score
Solid coverage in my area. I'm willing to try it dependant on my price for the phone.

champaned_out

Reaction score
Metro currently has the Samsung Lightray 4G @ $459... my guess is that it will be priced at around $549 so you can expect to pay over $600 after taxes + the first month's payment... ive been selling metropcs phones for a couple of years now so I also wouldnt be surprised if their version of the S3 is slightly different from the contract S3's here in the states... my guess will be that the battery capacity and ram will probably be lowered to cut costs... the contract version of the phones are almost never exactly similar to their prepaid versions.. just something to think about

pltctytc

Reaction score
not so bad

Sounds tempting, but remember Metro's coverage and reception are a joke.

probably worth looking into compared to pageplus.
metro coverage is alot better than it use to be and a lot of mediocre reception could be the phone

it's always cheaper to buy a phone outright instead of contract
there are drawbacks, at least use to be ,and one is they don't participate in google pay. there may be other restrictions but can't think of any right now. friend uses them.