Samsung Galaxy S II - Incompetent Boyfriend

LexiRae92

Reaction score
Hello Droid forums! I'm kind of savvy with tech, but I can't figure out exactly where the process of rooting my new Galaxy S II (brand new out of the box yesterday! Eeeek, so excited!) begins and ends. And my dad and bf are no help at all when it comes to this sort of stuff. I'd really like to get this done soon. My next semester of college doesn't start for a whole month, and I'm without internet until then, unless I can figure out how to turn my Galaxy into a wireless hotspot. Please help!!! :hail:

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Welcome to the Forums! :) I don't own an SII but I am sure someone will be able to help you out!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Welcome aboard..

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Welcome to the forums lexi. Your funny intro caught my eye (well, I thought it was funny)! I am sure someone will come along and help you with your problem. In the meantime, you can install FoxFi from the play store. With that app you will be able to get internet access on your laptop or pc from your phone.

OP
L

LexiRae92

Reaction score
Wow, thanks for the Foxfi rec. This Will suffice until I scrounge up some info pn rooting!

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum - which carrier are you with (root might differ per model)? Check out are sister site at Samsung Galaxy Forum - Galaxy S2 Forum - this site is pretty Verizon focused so you won't find much here, but that one should have what you're looking for. XDA also has a huge development section for the Galaxy S2 - just google something like "xda galaxy s2 development".

Caesars

Reaction score
Foxfi is an excellent recommendation.

Googorola MAXX

OP
L

LexiRae92

Reaction score
I AM with sprint, drat. On to XDA,, LOL. THANK YOU.

Caesars

Reaction score
If you just want hot spot, no need to root :) foxfi ftw!

Googorola MAXX

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome to the forum!

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
welcome to the forums . hopefully you got that phone rooted . feel free to hang out even if you dont have VZW phone :)

B0B0

Reaction score
Wait. You're calling your boyfriend incompetent but you're the one who can't root the phone?:blink:

anywho. Going to read the rest of the thread.

*edit*

Well a friend of mine tried to root his fascinate 1 that has the new software. Supposedly they patched the 1 click root and androot. I would think the only way to do it now is to use Odin and flash an older version of the fascinate software to the phone. That's with the first fascinate.

I would imagine the process would be similar, odin in, then flash a rooted rom for the phone.
I haven't had to do anything root wise to my phone in almost a year so I'm a bit behind the curve. I mostly just back up my phone and create restore points in case something happens.

Best of luck.

Last edited: