Samsung Galaxy S 3 Shows Up on Amazon Germany

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
sgs3_1b.jpeg

As the May 3 event draws closer, the S 3 rumor and innuendo machine has not let up. Last week the Vietnamese YouTube video made it's rounds and now Digital Trends has reported that the hottest and most hyped Android device of 2012 has hit Amazon's German store. The specs on Amazon.de and the YouTube video are slightly different though. The specs of the S 3 in the Vietnamese video have the handset sporting a 4.6-inch Super AMOLED screen, 16GB of internal storage, an 8MP rear-facing camera, and a 1.4GHZ Quad-Core Exynos processor. Amazon.de list the device with a 4.7-inch Super AMOLED touchscreen, a much larger 12MP camera with autofocus, LED flash, facial detection, and of course Android 4.0. The page also mentions storage at 16GB internal, expandable up to 32GB.

This phone is without a doubt the most highly anticipated Android smartphone of 2012. The SGSIII has already reached #2 in sales on the site for mobile phones. Keep in mind these are handsets sold off contract and with no release date. Now that's epic. Can anyone recall this much anticipation for an Android handset?

Thanks for the tip Narsil!

Source: Digital Trends

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I wonder if those are capacitive buttons at the bottom or part of the screen like Android 4 brings. I hate the order they are in and am sure a root mod would become available to add more ore rearrange them. Can't wait to see what the final release specs are.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
I wonder if those are capacitive buttons at the bottom or part of the screen like Android 4 brings. I hate the order they are in and am sure a root mod would become available to add more ore rearrange them. Can't wait to see what the final release specs are.

Those definitely look like on-screen buttons. And the order is a little strange for sure. The recent tasks button and back buttons are flip-flopped compared to the Nexus.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Just when you thought touch wiz couldn't get any uglier.

Skyrocketing

Reaction score
So many stories popping up every day about this phone, May 3rd can't come any faster! I'll be ecstatic if it features a 12 MP camera! :hail:

skennelly

Reaction score
I swore I was getting the nexus when I was able to upgrade on June 6th. I would get this phone if it came to VZW if and only if it it could be unlocked. Otherwise, the nexus will have a much longer life span and continue to get updates.