Samsung Galaxy S 3 Official Specs Leak

Hmong_Xiong

Reaction score
This pointless argument ALWAYS comes up when a phone has a big screen. The beauty of Android is that they make the phones in a million different sizes.

If you don't like it just buy a phone with a screen that's the right size for YOU.

Exactly, but u know...the bigger the better ;)

Motorola Droid 2: CyanogenMod 9

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
gs3leak.jpg

Just yesterday we picked up the story that the SGSIII would have a simultaneous global launch and would be sporting some very interesting and impressive specs. That "rumor" just became a reality. The Samsung Galaxy S 3 will arrive dressed in a very impressive package. We bring to you, the Samsung Galaxy SIII:
  • 1.5GHz quad-core Samsung Exynos processor
  • 4.8-inch “full HD” 1080p resolution with 16:9 aspect ratio display
  • A 2-megapixel front-facing camera and an 8-megapixel rear camera
  • Ceramic case
  • 4G LTE
  • Android 4.0
We believe this is the premier Android phone to own in 2012. The Exynos is unmatched in performance, and now adding 2 more cores to this already impressive phone just made it a lot more desirable. The argument could be made that a Quad Core is a little over kill with where software is at this time, and we would tend to agree, but this handset is as future proof is it gets. Still no word on carrier availability. Did we hear someone just say "I hope it hits Verizon"?

Update: There is rumor that the handset will drop "mid summer." July anyone?

Source: BGR

All I have to say is Damn those specs are mighty nice looking. A battery of about 3000mAh would be nice as well.
I hope it's a Super AMOLED Plus display.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

wolstonc

Reaction score
1080p.... do I need my TVs resolution packed into a screen literally 10% of its size? ..maybe I do...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

nadav64

Reaction score
**** I can barley hold my nexus and now they give me an even bigger phone?

Stevo223

Reaction score
Do we know what carrier? Or is it safe to assume its AT&T?

blacksoxing

Reaction score
My nexus is so SMALL to me.

My friend just got the note....seems like the perfect size for a guy like me.

Regardless, I don't care about 4.3...4.6...5.2...

WHAT IS THE BATTERY LIFE ON THIS??? My stock nexus battery is so garbage that it's not funny. And that's w/brightness at its lowest and blah blah blah

loki993

Reaction score
Oh all the huge advances they have made with phones over the past few years then one thing that hasn't changed is the batteries. Flashy specs are all fine and good, but hand me a phone and tell me it'll go 4 days on a charge and not be the size of a brick and you'll have my attention.

You would think they would have people working on making more powerful smaller batteries constantly. It must be a very difficult thing to do.

geoff5093

Reaction score
Oh all the huge advances they have made with phones over the past few years then one thing that hasn't changed is the batteries. Flashy specs are all fine and good, but hand me a phone and tell me it'll go 4 days on a charge and not be the size of a brick and you'll have my attention.

You would think they would have people working on making more powerful smaller batteries constantly. It must be a very difficult thing to do.
That's not true. Batteries have gotten worse :p

Phreaker47

Reaction score

Happy with my new Razr Maxx for this very reason. Since I put it on my desk dock every night, I have yet to see the battery even go under 50% (on my heaviest use day), and usually it's still at around 80-90%.

3300mAh battery and it's still thinner than the iPhone.

loki993

Reaction score
Happy with my new Razr Maxx for this very reason. Since I put it on my desk dock every night, I have yet to see the battery even go under 50% (on my heaviest use day), and usually it's still at around 80-90%.

3300mAh battery and it's still thinner than the iPhone.

Yes the Razr Maxx is very nice. Its a good size and thickness. I honestly like it more then the standard Razr, it just feels better in the hand. I almost think that the Razr was just put out to say they had the thinnest phone on the market. The Maxx is what 90 percent of people should probably be getting. I honestly think its a little overpriced for what it really is but it is what it is. However with that said, it still has a physically large battery in it. Its nice and thin because of the fact that the phone was probably built around the battery and clever "packaging".

Why cant they figure out how to make a 3300 mah battery that's the same size, or smaller even, as the 1620 in my Rezound? They're putting quad cores in phones now, 1080p screens, 4g etc etc, but the batteries stay the same, or get worse as some others may say. Though I'm not really sure that's the case, They just haven gotten any bigger and the phones are using more power, hence the diminishing battery life. I have yet to have one go bad on me.