Samsung Galaxy Ring (Virgin Mobile) Custom Recovery & Root

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by LonGturD, Aug 31, 2015.

1. LonGturD

LonGturD New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So, I know this isn't the greatest phone and I have had a lot of trouble finding info on it but after flashing CWM (using Odin) and rooting, I have been able to uninstall a bunch of system apps and the phone had cleaned up nice. As of yet I haven't found a custom ROM but here is a start: DOWNLOADING REQUIRED FILES
    -----------------------
    * First, you'll need to download Samsung USB drivers for windows or your phone wont totally communicate with the computer. You can download the .zip http://q.gs/11015625...usb-drivers-zip * Next, you will need to download Odin Dropbox - Odin3 v1.85.zip and the CWM .tar file http://j.gs/11015625...for-galaxy-ring
    * You can download the App that I used to root KingRoot (.apk)
    ---------------------
    Now WITHOUT PHONE PLUGGED IN PC, unzip and install Samsung USB drivers. After installation is complete, plug phone to computer via USB. In the system tray (bottom right hand corner, next to clock) you will see that Windows has found new hardware and is installing drivers. I have noticed that on the first time around, all the components don't always install correctly. If there is a part that doesn't install (signified by a red X) simply unplug the phone and plug it in again. Windows will install drivers again and should get them by the second or third time. YOU WILL NEED TO LET THE PHONE INSTALL DRIVERS AGAIN ONCE YOU PUT IT INTO "DOWNLOAD MODE" because it finds yet another component essential to the flashing process.
    -----------------------
    Now unzip Odin3 v1.85 somewhere that you can get to it. Make sure that you know where the .tar file that you downloaded at the beginning of this post is located also.
    -----------------------
    The phone has at least 70% battery, right? Don't EVER flash with an almost dead battery. That's asking for a brick. Without the phone plugged into the USB cable, power down the phone. I ask that you remove the back so that the battery can be popped out easily. Be careful that the battery doesn't come out of the phone until you want it to. This will make sense later.
    ---------------------
    Hold in the Vol Down key while you hold in the power button for a few seconds, like you are normally turning the device on except with the volume up still pressed. The phone should ask you if you are sure you want to do this warning you that a custom OS could destroy your device. If you choose to continue then you'll see that yout phone is in "Download Mode". Plug it to the PC via USB and allow the drivers to update some more. This may take two tries, like earlier. If you get a red X saying "driver not installed" then unplug phone for three seconds and plug back in. Don't restart phone and please be careful not to knock battery out of back.
    ---------------------
    Once drivers are successfully installed and phone is in download mode, "right - click" on Odin3 icon and select "Run as administrator". When Odin3 loads, press ONLY THE "PDA" BUTTON. When file select menu comes up then select .tar file downloaded at beginning of this post. Click "start" and in the output box on the left, you should get some activity and when it's done, phone will reboot. AS SOON AS YOU SEE SAMSUNG LOGO, PULL OUT THE BATTERY. If the phone gets a chance to boot then it will restore stock recovery. Put battery back in and hold volume up and power to boot into recovery. CWM should start!
    ------------------
    At this point I would backup everything before I root using KingRoot. When you exit CWM it will ask you if it's ok to override the recovery restore that the system is going to attempt. Give permission then you can put your battery cover back on. Mission accomplished.
    ------------------------
    The rooting process is super easy and self explanatory. Don't forget to goto settings, security and allow unknown sources before trying to install the .apk

Search tags for this page
galaxy ring custom recovery

galaxy ring drivers

how to root samsung galaxy ring without computer

ring root

ring root download
root samsung galaxy ring virgin mobile
samsung galaxy ring custom rom
samsung galaxy ring cwm
samsung galaxy ring root
sumsang ring rorn