Samsung Galaxy Note8 launches late September for nearly $900, 6GB RAM, 3300mAh Battery & MORE!

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
19366051_10213182090287378_7042579944065881808_n.jpg

Many people thought Samsung’s Galaxy Note 7 would be the end of that line, but it’s certainly looking strong for the Note 8 to debut later this year. We don’t know a ton about the upcoming device outside of it likely including an “Infinity Display,” but today we’re learning a few new details.​

Courtesy of VentureBeat, we have the first specifics regarding pricing and specifications on the company’s upcoming flagship. Evan Blass reports that the Galaxy Note 8 will be priced at €999, the highest price point the company has ever put on one of its smartphones. The phone will apparently make its debut in the second half of September. The Galaxy S8 was priced at €799 which came out to $725. Thus, it’s a fairly safe bet to say the Note 8 will be priced somewhere around $925.

As expected, the Galaxy Note 8 will apparently ship with a 6.3-inch 18.5:9 “Infinity Display” just like the Galaxy S8 family. Internally the phone will be using mostly the same specifications, so Samsung is certainly going to be relying on the Note 8’s extra features to show why it is worth another $100 over the price of the similarly sized Galaxy S8+.

Like its predecessors, the Galaxy Note 8 is going to be bringing the S-Pen, but that won’t be its only unique hardware feature. Under the hood, the phone will be powered by a Snapdragon 835, but paired with 6GB of RAM. That would make it Samsung’s second device to surpass 4GB and something enthusiasts will certainly appreciate. That extra power should be especially helpful when paired with Samsung’s DeX dock which the Note 8 is expected to work with.

This report also backs up previous rumors that the Galaxy Note 8 will be Samsung’s first flagship device with a dual-camera system. It’s unclear how the sensors will be used, but it will apparently come with two 12MP cameras stacked horizontally to the left of the heart rate sensor and flash. Annoyingly, the Note 8 will still place the fingerprint sensor in that same row of sensors, this time to the right of the heart rate sensor and flash.

VentureBeat further states
that the Galaxy Note 8 will include a 3,300 mAh battery in the phone, a considerably smaller battery compared to the smaller Galaxy S8+. That’s a bit disappointing, but it at least shows that Samsung is doing everything it can to avoid the issues that plagued the Note 7.

Source

Issemann

Reaction score
If any of this info is true, then I will truly be disappointed with Samsung. I was a Note 7 owner and will gladly pay good money to have that device back in my hands. So far, I will not be spending my hard-earned money for the Note 8.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Evan Blass has always been the man when it comes to leaks about phones. So if he says these are the specs then these are the specs. I will probably pass wait on the Note 9. I will make my final decision at the announcement!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
3300mah battery in phablet? Why is it other manufacturers(Huawei, moto, Asus, xiaomi, Lenovo) can shove a monster battery in and not have any issues yet samsung with all their money and tech is so behind the times?

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
the real question is why call it 18:9. should it not really be called 2:1 :)

Had - it's actually 18.5:9.

But why? That doesn't mesh with the alternative wide screen movie format of 2.35:1. I don't get it - though it was widely considered that 16:9 was for movies, but otherwise something closer to a 4:3 format is better for reading.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Had - it's actually 18.5:9.

But why? That doesn't mesh with the alternative wide screen movie format of 2.35:1. I don't get it - though it was widely considered that 16:9 was for movies, but otherwise something closer to a 4:3 format is better for reading.

a lawsuit :) just like that 4x4 lawsuit against home depot, its false advertising if it is really 18.5:9 :)

seriously, was not aware of the rounding - thanks. you are right, it is a strange format. I guess they are just wanting to add more screen without changing the body size that could make it too wide for pockets.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
you are right, it is a strange format.

Well, whomever came up with it first said 18:9 was mainly for some new movie formats in 2:1, but they called it 18:9 so stupid consumers would understand it relative to 16:9.

Then I'm guessing Sammie went with 18.5:9....because 18.5 is bigger than 18??? Maybe people are keeping phones longer, and the OEM's want people to feel like a new phone is actually something new and different.

I just don't see 2:1 taking off, since 16:9 is so entrenched in TV's and home theater. And then you occasionally see 2.39:1, which is true cinematic widescreen (and gives you black bars on your 16:9 screen). So I see zero reason for an 18:9 screen

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Well, whomever came up with it first said 18:9 was mainly for some new movie formats in 2:1, but they called it 18:9 so stupid consumers would understand it relative to 16:9.

It could be a psychological thing, 18:9 sounds bigger than 2:1 :)

Personally I really do not like long phones. not all sites or apps will work in landscape mode so I am stuck with scrolling side to side or try to read smaller text. I wish the new note would make it a bit wider instead of longer because of it.

shockracer

Reaction score
Idk if I'll buy solely due to the fingerprint sensor. Of than that it sounds great! Guess I'll wait to find out and maybe hope for a refurbed Note 7.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
My work involves the phone throughout the day so I would need a device with high battery capacity. Will is so expect this Samsung Galaxy Note 8. And I very well or play games apk on your phone

from everything I read so far, the battery will be smaller than the s8+. don't know how power hungry all the new features will be but maybe you should look into getting a power pack that can charge your phone several times before it needs recharging.

ayanav

Banned
Reaction score
Samsung is increasingly approaching the prices charged by its major competitor Apple which markets its iPhone 7 Plus to 1,019 euros (128 GB) and 1,129 euros (256 GB).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
samsung galaxy note 4 samsung s7

Last edited: