Samsung Galaxy Note ships over 1 Million Units Worldwide. Coming to US in 2012.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
galaxy_note1.jpeg

Samsung's star is on the rise and they have reason to celebrate. The Galaxy SII saw worldwide sales to the tune of 10 millin units and now it looks like they hit it out of the park with the Galaxy Note. Samsung Electronics announced that it's flagship device has shipped 1 million units globally and it's not stopping there. They plan to bring the 5.3" beast to the US in 2012.

Early reports had the device releasing on AT&T as LTE compatible but Samsung has not confirmed the who, where and when. There is chatter that it will be unveiled at CES 2012 but again nothing official.

How do you the readers feel about this smartlet (smartphone/tablet)? It's quite large at 5.3" but it does have an appeal to those that are just looking to carry around one device. Will you be all over it in a heartbeat? You entertaining the idea but not quite sure or are you simply going to pass? We want to hear from you.

For more discussions on the Galaxy Note, be sure to check out the Galaxy Note Forum

Source: Phonedog

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
In my opinion 5" is pushing the phone limit. 5.3" is just gigantic for a phone. It's to big to fit in your pocket.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

funwheeldrive

Reaction score
I don't see why they didn't release this phone here when it first came out. I really like the note, but by the time it's released it will be old tech.

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
If it wasn't for the Nex, and it was coming to VZ I would get it. :) It would have been nice too if it didn't have physical buttons, considering by the time it gets here it will hopefully have ICS! :)

Sent from the best phone on Verizon!

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I had some hands on time with this thing at Media Markt in Köln yesterday, besides running android 2.3 it's huge!!! Interestingly enough it was drawing attention - more so than the Galaxy Nexus it was right next to :serious:

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
I'll wait for moto's answer too this phone... Just cannot get my heart around Sammy products... Sorry.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
IMO this takes the size a little too far. The Gnex and Skyrocket are right at what is comfortable to use and handle. I played with the Galaxy Player 5, which is essentially the Note without the radios, and it was huge. Not something I would want to carry around.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If there is a demand for the note vzw would get it trust me. Any thing it takes to get people to sign on the dotted line.

DylanKean1

Reaction score
I want it. How much is it???

galaxy_note1.jpeg

Samsung's star is on the rise and they have reason to celebrate. The Galaxy SII saw worldwide sales to the tune of 10 millin units and now it looks like they hit it out of the park with the Galaxy Note case. Samsung Electronics announced that it's flagship device has shipped 1 million units globally and it's not stopping there. They plan to bring the 5.3" beast to the US in 2012.

Early reports had the device releasing on AT&T as LTE compatible but Samsung has not confirmed the who, where and when. There is chatter that it will be unveiled at CES 2012 but again nothing official.

How do you the readers feel about this smartlet (smartphone/tablet)? It's quite large at 5.3" but it does have an appeal to those that are just looking to carry around one device. Will you be all over it in a heartbeat? You entertaining the idea but not quite sure or are you simply going to pass? We want to hear from you.

For more discussions on the Galaxy Nexus Case, be sure to check out the Galaxy Note Forum

Source: Phonedog

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
The super bowl commercial made me laugh. Especially when the guy was like "OMG it comes with a pen :D"

Remember like 2 years ago when if a phone came with a stylus it was bad news. Looks like Samsung wants the stylus to raise again!

JoDroid

Reaction score
AT&T now has the Galaxy Note ..... am I going to be forced to go to the dark side in order to get this phone?! :sad-b::crying:

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
AT&T now has the Galaxy Note ..... am I going to be forced to go to the dark side in order to get this phone?! :sad-b::crying:

Word has it the Note will come to vzw as the Galaxy Journal. Now with what cpu? Who knows.