1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Samsung Galaxy Note II

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by awd1315, Nov 26, 2012.

1. awd1315

awd1315 New Member

Is it me or Verizon really isn't pushing the Note II? I'm due for an upgrade but when I spoke to a sales rep they were leaning more towards the DNA.
  2. macpro88

macpro88 Super Moderator

Play with BOTH phones, and make your own opinion. Each phone has its pros and cons. Browse the internet and just see what people have to say about each phone.

Both are great devices.
  3. bsweetness

bsweetness Moderator

It makes perfect sense for Verizon to push the DNA. The DNA is an exclusive device that can only be purchased on Verizon in U.S. It has the potential to not only keep current customers, but also to bring in new ones. Additionally, Verizon probably either paid for the rights or has agreed to give it a prominent place in marketing in order to land the device as an exclusive. The Note 2 is available on every major U.S. carrier, and Samsung is doing a ton of advertising for it on their own, so Verizon sees no reason to have to push it.
  4. awd1315

awd1315 New Member

I didn't look at it like that...thanks all!!!!
  5. awd1315

awd1315 New Member

Well wait...the GS3 is in virtually every carrier and Verizon is still pushing that device so what's the difference?
  6. les017

les017 New Member

Probably has to do with the GS3 being a proven blockbuster, so why not ride the whale to the beach? Get 'em while you can!
  7. bsweetness

bsweetness Moderator

Verizon never really pushed the Galaxy S3. In fact, when it launched, they were still advertising the RAZR and RAZR MAXX very heavily. Verizon has never had much of any advertisements for the S3 outside of their stores and website. They let Samsung do all of the marketing for the S3, and Samsung is still marketing it today. The same has been and will be true for the Note 2.

Also, a sales rep will always try to push you towards a phone they have in stock and can sell you right at that moment. The Note 2 still isn't officially out yet (pre-orders started shipping today, but when you spoke to the rep, they weren't shipping and weren't in stores).
  8. awd1315

awd1315 New Member

Ahhhh so true Samsung has been the one to primarily advertise the GS3 except in the store...I now recall watching commercials and they were presented by Samsung. Okay I can see clearly now thanks all!!!
  9. emoge

emoge New Member

No carrier is truly "pushing" the note 2 in all honesty. It is a good phone, however do you want to pay $300 for a larger device wth your upgrade? In all honesty since I do work for sprint and have verizon service... yes I know cruel... the majority of people I have activated note 2s for have either been real estate brokers or lawyers... these are people that can benefit and profit from the larger screen and s pen functionalities. Well at least the people in teal estate can... when peopke ask me whih they should get I ask them what they plan on using the phone for 9 out of 10 people dont have the need for s pen and major screen honestly and usually figure it out as soon as they start telling me what they are gonna do with the phone lol.