Samsung Galaxy Note Edge is Now Available at Verizon for $400 ON Contract

rayparham1

Reaction score
I'm going to be able to upgrade in August. I have a s4 now. I would like to have a big screen, but I really don't want to carry a big phone around on my side all day either.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'm going to be able to upgrade in August. I have a s4 now. I would like to have a big screen, but I really don't want to carry a big phone around on my side all day either.
That's a trade off you have to figure out.

I moved from the s4 to the regular note 4 myself & haven't been disappointed.

I recommend you go to your carrier or Best Buy or somewhere & play with the display models. Getting your hands on them & doing a quick comparison can help.

When I got the s4, I was thinking about the note 3, but decided against it at the time. Now that I've upgraded, I love it, but you have to find the middle ground of how big of a screen can you get in a device that you can stand to carry.

Welcome to the forum, by the way!

Sent from my Note 4 via Tapatalk

rayparham1

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome....so what are you saying about playing around with the phone's.
What do I need to look for in the phone.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Thanks for the welcome....so what are you saying about playing around with the phone's.
What do I need to look for in the phone.
Just spend some time holding different ones &/or see if they'll let you try it in you pocket. It's a good idea to really get a feel for a bigger device before making your final decision to jump up to one.

Most carriers, Verizon specifically, offer a grace period of around 14 days where you can return a device if you decide you don't like it after having the chance to really try it in your daily life.

rayparham1

Reaction score
Sounds good. Never thought about doing that..They are telling me that the s7 is coming soon. Have you heard anything like that?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Sounds good. Never thought about doing that..They are telling me that the s7 is coming soon. Have you heard anything like that?
The s6 will likely be announced around the time you're ready to upgrade. It's rumored to be a bit larger than the s4 & s5, but not as big as a note phone. Might be just the thing you're looking for. Even the s5 that's out now has a little bigger screen than the s4.

dcw9ma

Reaction score
Does anyone know why the note edge for Verizon is not available from Verizon nor best buy?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
When it was originally announced, it was said to only be a limited release.
When I ordered mine for work(full retail) it took about 2 weeks to get it beciase they were on backorder..this was last January... Haven't really kept up since then..

dcw9ma

Reaction score
From whom did you order it? Neither best buy nor Verizon is offering them online?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
From whom did you order it? Neither best buy nor Verizon is offering them online?
When I ordered mine it was from vzw..you might try Swappa..I bet they'll have some..unless you're trying for a subsidized price