Samsung Galaxy Note 8 vs Note 7 vs Note 5 vs Note 4 vs Note 3 vs Note 2 - Speed Test!

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
Personally I felt the Note 4 was the Best note over the Note5 since it had Removal Storage and Battery making it a little more practical and the Power was not too far behind the Note5. I did not like the Lack up Expandible Storage on my Note5 and 32GB filled quickly. My Note 2 was the First Note I had and just recently replaced it when my Son cracked the Screen. that Phone was super Reliable and it was a beast when it came out and really change the Phablet World with its improvements over the OG Note. Thanks for the Note History Video. It was Nice seeing the Lineup. Would have been Nice to see the OG Note in there for the Complete Lineup.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Loved my Note 2 as it was my first experience with the series... agreed on the Note 4 also a beast phone...

Sent using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I'm still rocking a Note 2 as my company provided work phone. It's over 5 years old, still the original battery and runs pretty good. Had to do the first FDR in 3 years last week when it went haywire, but it's running good again ever since. Pretty durable phones, from what I can tell.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I have had the original note 1, note three and now using the note five. all three of them have been great phones. believe it or not, I miss that plastic back it used to have because it was not as slippery as the new phones.

speed has never been a concerned for me. they ran pretty good for the apps and and os that was available at the time.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I liked the replaceable back cover. I had a nice Carbon Fiber back for my Note 2. I hated the Leatherette Back of the Note 3. Granted I put almost Every Phone I owned in a Otterbox Defender i did like the Customization with changing the Back cover

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
that was the thing about those backs, besides having the ability to swap out the battery, you could always swap out the back

jesskoh

Reaction score
Samsung Note 4 spoils too easily. Suddenly goes dead and ka put..... There goes another note 4

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
all phones die eventually, some sooner than others. if you want help with it, start another thread in the proper forum and someone should be able to. be sure to be specific.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I stuck with my Note 4 until the 8 arrived this week. It is a great phone. Still fast and I have a 64gb SD in it so I never ran out of space. Now I have to decide what to do with it.
It was a great phone. I wanted one more than the N5 but there were so few available that finding one was near impossible. You could try to sell it on swappa. I bet they still sell for a very decent price.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I had the N2, N3 and N5. Still waiting to order the N8. N2 is still rocking like new, although it has very limited use. The N3 I sold but I bet still going strong. They have been my best phones as far as never having problems with bootloops, random restarts, frozen screens, emergency fdr's, etc. The Maxx was a close second.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I stuck with my Note 4 until the 8 arrived this week. It is a great phone. Still fast and I have a 64gb SD in it so I never ran out of space. Now I have to decide what to do with it.

I still have my note 5 and plan to keep it a couple of months - just in case :)

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I pass my Devices Down. My 7 yr old Daughter has 1 of my Note5 and i have another. I am waiting to replace it with the Note8 but waiting on a better Promo.