Samsung Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone 7 Plus vs S8 Plus - Battery Drain Test! (4K)!

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
That extra Ram may be helping it.

Either way that should quiet fears about buying the device.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
so the iphone battery was not that great. without knowing what was running in the background on all the phones, I am not sure how accurate the test really is.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
iPhone 7 Plus and my S8 Plus go all day ...I’m happy and so should our Note 8 peeps from looking at this test ...

I think something I've notice with S8+ is that it runs cool more than any previous phone I've used from Samsung..

Sent using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jesskoh

Reaction score
That's what I heard many people says about the Samsung S8. SD835 is much cooler than any others

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Note 8 vs Oneplus 5 vs Samsung S8 Plus vs Galaxy S7 Edge test comparison will show us which phone has the best battery life

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
so the note 8 came in second with this test.
A fairly close second, I believe. 8 minutes difference is not too bad. I'm happy with the results. How bout you, me just saying? After seeing this battery comparison, are you feeling more confident about getting the N8?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
A fairly close second, I believe. 8 minutes difference is not too bad. I'm happy with the results. How bout you, me just saying? After seeing this battery comparison, are you feeling more confident about getting the N8?

I always had confidence with the note 8 battery, though it would be nice if it was larger, battery life is something I don't even give a second thought to when it comes to my usage :) I Just think these tests are interesting.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I agree on both! Tests are interesting and sometimes surprising (like this one) and don't ever worry about battery. Can charge in my car on the go, usually have my power bank with me if I need it (rarely) and I get a good 12 hours with my N5. So I'm okay with current battery life and will love the N8 for everything it has to offer. Can't wait till I make that buy. Hopefully soon.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
maybe the tester should do the test several times :) I generally get over 12 on my n5 though if I should forget to close an app or two, it can be a lot less.