Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 Review

AndroidDissected

Authorized Affiliate
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.androiddissected.com

Samsung is no stranger to Android tablets. They churn them out left and right. They are also no stranger to stylus input since they have already had a few devices that featured dedicated stylus hardware. The Galaxy Note 8.0, as you might imagine should be an area that Samsung is very comfortable with and I want to tell you about my time with it.

Samsung decided to change things up a bit with the design on their tablet by infusing it with the design language of their phones. It’s not a terrible idea since they have had massive success with the Galaxy S line and just moderate success with their tablets. With the Note 8.0 we see the same button layout as seen on the Note II and familiar corners and silver trim. The device is all white plastic and really just screams that it is a blown up phone. The orientation is portrait just like with older Samsung tablets like the original Galaxy Tab and Tab 7.7 (not to mention the Nexus 7, iPad Mini, and Kindle Fire.) the device is light and slim and feels decent in the hand, but I will talk more about that later, but I will say now that I think it is obvious that Samsung want to put something out that was a little more new than the Tab 7.7 to compete with the iPad Mini.

(Continue Reading @ Android Dissected)