Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 Officially Launching April 11th for $400

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Apr 9, 2013.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,254
    [​IMG]

Samsung just revealed the official launch date and price of their new flagship tablet the Galaxy Note 8.0. The new tablet will be available on April 11th for a steep $399.99. Samsung's press release tries to be reassuring of this high price by pointing out the high-end hardware and the $200 in additional add-ons. Here's a spec & feature list followed by the press release,
    • 1.6GHz Quad Core processor
    • 2GB of RAM
    • Wi-Fi technology with dual-channel bonding
    • 4,600 mAh battery
    • 16GB of internal storage memory
    • MicroSD slots for cards up to 64GB
    • 5-megapixel camera on the back (1080p video)
    • 1.3-megapixel front-facing camera can handle video chats at 720p resolution
    • 50GB of free Dropbox storage for 2 years
    • 1 month free of unlimited music streaming in Samsung’s Music Hub, Samsung’s Smart Remote, Awesome Note
    • $25 Google Play credit with the purchase & register of their device for a limited time
    • S Pen
    What do you guys think? Even with the extra add-ons, did Sammy shoot themselves in the foot with poor pricing or will it be worth the premium?

2. johnomaz

johnomaz Silver Member

Ratings:
    +771
    Current Phone Model:
    Google Pixel 2XL
    What about the screen? Is it a 1080p screen or 720p? I like the addons actually. If I get the 50gigs of dropbox with it, will it double my 50 gigs from when I got the S3? The Google Play store credit is nice. I love the S-Pen. Big battery, big ram, big processor. But....I would have an issue buying one since I have my Nexus 7. If I didn't have a tablet, I would buy one. I'm still thinking about it as my kids love my Nexus 7 and I wouldn't mind handing it down. I am also a fan of AOSP. Any software from Sammy would go away because I would no doubt put CM10 or another AOSP rom on it very quickly. It'll be a thinker for me, thats for sure.

[EDIT]
    Saw on their website, its 1280x800 screen, so 720p with virtual buttons.

3. kodiak799

kodiak799 Gold Member

Ratings:
    +941
    +1 for not inflating the price with unnecessary internal storage. I'm a big fan of SD cards for mobile devices - you get a new device you transfer the cards (which should last you several years).

The dropbox is just kind of meh. Nice to have all that space in one place, but it's only for 2 years whereas you can cobble that together from multiple sources for free for life.

I can see the front facing camera for video chat, but is anyone really using the rear camera? Eliminate that and you could bring the price down some more, and I bet most consumers would choose the cheaper device with no camera (I've got my phone if I want to take a pic).

The IR blaster is another useless add-on - who really wants to wield that thing to change the channel? Plus, components are increasingly going inside cabinets which makes the IR blaster literally useless.

Other than that nice specs.

4. TheOldFart

TheOldFart Active Member

Ratings:
    +27
    Same thoughts here. Get rid of what you listed and sell it for maybe $325. I'd be even happier if they made a version without the S-pen and the rest and sold it for $250-$280. It's definitely a no-go for me at $400.

5. Mouthpuncher

Mouthpuncher New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am patiently holding onto my money until the 32gb comes out. Is there any word on when those are coming out?

Search tags for this page
android awesome note

does galaxy note 2 have ir blaster

does the galaxy note 2 have an ir blaster
forum pengguna samsung note 2 8.0
galaxy note 8.0 discussion forum
galaxy note 8.0 multiple windows
samsung galaxy not 8.0 add ons
samsung note 8
samsung note 8 message boards